1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Fear and Anger

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MWsunin12, Aug 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Posting this, just because. I admire Dr. Northrup and what she brings to the table. Good for women and men both.

Ellen, Tennis Tom and Dahlia like this.
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Christiane gets it alright, I was happy when she endorsed GPD. When I asked her she said "Oh I absolutely love John Sarno's work send it to me!" She's hated by many just like the good doctor was, and Andrew Weil. These people seek truth in order to help people, they don't play the game and so are often despised by their peers. Courage is such an undervalued trait.

MWsunin12 and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for that--Great stuff! 100% complementary and parallel to the Good Doctor. If you're stuck, watch it 10, 50, 100 times until you get, accept and internalize the TMS KNOWLEDGE. She mentions the importance of having "faith" in the knowledge, you have to believe there's nothing physically wrong, that it stems from the emotions. She made at least 100 great points! Memorize this.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  4. Ewok

Ewok Peer Supporter

It's a really lovely video. You can just feel her energy coming through as you watch it.

I do like her message but when I looked into her work a while ago, I found it a little difficult to align with TMS and ended up just sticking with Dr. Sarno. While she's certainly a 'mindbody' doctor and sees the link between mind, body and spirit, she doesn't seem to believe that the vast majority of body problems and pains are completely psychogenic, more like some of them are are but many others are 'influenced' by, but not generated by the brain. I found it disheartening to come across her dispensing very 'traditional' advice to women (she is an OBGYN) that about using drug treatments and considering hysterectomies as a good option if that didn't work, for conditions there is plenty of evidence believe are TMS. I guess few people had the confidence and experience of Dr. Sarno. And she probably realises that most people don't have the desire or the skills to heal themselves through mindbody work.

I suppose my sensitive to discrepancies between the works of mindbody doctors speaks to the fragility of my believe.