1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

feeling like a broken record

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by interstellar, Jan 27, 2015.

1. interstellar

interstellar Peer Supporter

I have a question about journaling. Like the title of this thread, I feel like a broken record with my journaling and my daily reminders. I made a lot of progress within the first few weeks using Dr Sarnos methods, getting my pain levels from a 7 to 8 down to a 3 to 4. But my progress has really slowed the past month and I feel like I'm barely making progress at all. I keep using the "daily reminders" and I keep going over my sources of anger and anxiety, but now I feel like I'm just repeating the same things every day and not getting better. I have good days and bad days but the pain seems to be stuck around a level of 3 to 4. Does anybody have advice on how to dig deeper into my emotions? Or maybe I should Skype with a tms therapist? Or even see a local psychotherapist? I don't fear my pain at all and I'm very grateful to be running and working out rather than laying in bed all day with ice and painkillers. But I'm very perfectionistic so getting rid of the rest of my pain bugs me. I feel like my methods are getting stale. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I know the feeling all to well. Just give it time, wanting to heal so badly will only prolong it. The fact that you rated your pain tells me you are still monitoring your body. As the great doctor said if one is preoccupied with the body/symptoms they will persists.

Try to just go live life, I used to do the same and worry if I needed to do more. you wanting to dig for more repressed emotions comes from a place of fear. You feel like there is something you are missing so your mind has you looking for more answers. As carl jung said nothing inhibits feeling like thinking. Us tmsers live so much in our heads and analyze everything. Try to let go and accept where you are and it is normal to have ups, downs, and even times where no progress is made.

You may never find what you are repressing and that's ok you can still heal. Hope this helps and keep at you will heal when you are ready. Believe DEEPLY that your body is ok. Goodluck, we are what we believe.

Ryan

3. interstellar

interstellar Peer Supporter

Thanks a lot for the response! I needed to hear that.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, IrishSkeptic. I echo Ryan in that your perfectionism probably makes you impatient to be completely healed.
    I am still feeling some back pain but put that down to new emotional stresses. We can't expect to get through every day
    without something bugging us. My computer drives me nuts with its glitches, and I hate it when the phone rings but
    there's no one there, or it's another phone call from some solicitor who just won't take no for an answer. I wish I could
    live without the computer or telephone, but that's not possible. What usually helps is laughing about it all.