1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling worthy, just a speed bump, not a stop sign.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MWsunin12, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine, accomplished 54 year old woman, never regained consciousness after surgery 2 weeks ago and left us yesterday morning. It was an open-heart surgery, so major.

Still, it reminded me that we have this day we are in. Pain is our tension and worn-out belief system trying to tell us we aren't worthy. Anxiety is the same. I may not be great at telling myself that I'm worthy, but I can tell you. I've never read a single post on here that made me think "what a selfish SOB." This forum is chock full of good, decent, caring, WORTHY people.

Maybe this isn't the place to post this, but I wanted to remind us all that we are worthy of being pain-free and having less anxiety. I know, for myself, I instantly believe that something is wrong, but I have to struggle to believe it's all right. I think this is also our minds playing tricks on us…along with early conditioning. These rules are one-sided, not to our advantage. I really want to apply new rules to my life now.

My friend is gone. She was a goodist, a workaholic, a worrier, a family member who took care of everyone and felt guilt about the few times she couldn't come through. She was angry…and funny and witty as hell.

I thank you all for the positive messages and support that I read on here. My only hope with this post is to remind you that you are worthy of healing. Let's heal. Let's keep Dr. Sarno's statistics sky high.

Peace,
    Marcia

Tennis Tom, Forest and Anne Walker like this.
  2. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Sorry to hear about your friend Marcia.

Debbie

MWsunin12 likes this.
  3. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Marcia I'm so sorry about your friend. I appreciate your reminder...Yes we are all worthy of healing and the best possible life.
    Warmly, Susan

MWsunin12 likes this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Oh bless you for that post, Marcia! I think we all need that reminder. How good of you to post it, even as you're mourning.
    Blessings.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sorry to hear of your friend, Marcia, but thank you for your wonderful post.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  6. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

So sad to hear about your friend. Your message is an important one, thank you for your positive insights.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're so right, Marcia. We are all worthy... of being pain free and of being loved. The more we believe that God loves us, the happier and healthier we will be. God loves us, warts and all. And that's only fair because He gave them to us. Your friend is with Him now, in paradise, and with her loved ones who have gone before her.

8. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

So sorry to hear about your lost. But what a great reminder you give is here: Thank you !