1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Free Resources from Curable to help quell flare-ups

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by plum, Oct 3, 2020.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Received an email from the Curable team saying that they’ve temporarily made available a suite of “Free At-Home Tools for Anxiety and Pain” which I thought I’d share here:

https://www.curablehealth.com/covid-19 (Covid-19: Free Tools for Managing Chronic Pain at Home)

I’ve had a quick look but haven’t tried any myself yet however they certainly look helpful. I thought given the number of posts concerning TMS woes due to Covid that some members would appreciate the link.

JanAtheCPA, HattieNC, Kellso and 3 others like this.
  2. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Hi Plum,

I want to thank you for posting this link. As you may remember, I've been on this Wiki quite a while. I've gone from being almost home-bound to exercising 5 days per week and living a normal life. However, one TMS "affliction" that I haven't been able to rid myself of, are stabbing muscle spasms in my left scapula. It's an almost daily occurrence. Friday, I was having a particularly difficult day and opened up the Curable link you provided. I did the guided Control Room Visualization. Frankly, I wasn't expecting much since I feel like I have a lot visualization techniques in my TMS toolbelt. About 1/2 way through I noticed the pain was slightly dimming and by the end I would say I was 60% improved. Enough improvement that I was able to finish my work day without stopping or lying down. This will be my go-to visualization going forward. Seeing how far I've come, I have every expectation that some day I won't need it.

Those of you that are consistent in posting may feel like you are not be making an impact. But you are. And it is most appreciated!!!

plum and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a great opportunity for folks, thank you for posting it, plum! I got the lifetime subscription to Curable on a good deal a few years ago, but I don't use it enough. I better go straight to that visualization exercise (thank you @HattieNC !) because I need all the help I can get these days.

Related to Curable is Alan Gordon's podcast, Tell Me About Your Pain (available from all the podcast outlets - I get it from Google Podcasts). It just started in March, and there are only 7 episodes, but they are excellent, I believe almost all involving a "real time" session with a caller. The last one is awesome, and it is seriously helping me reach a new level of self-comfort and self-compassion that I just hadn't been "getting". The title is "Can Changing My Thoughts Improve My Brain?" and I can't recommend it highly enough.

HattieNC and plum like this.