1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Fruit and latex allergy!!! I love fruit :(

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by savasana, Dec 10, 2018.

1. savasana

savasana Peer Supporter

Hi all,

I finally put two and two together last night, and realized I think I'm allergic to apples! I noticed that after I eat them, my gums and my tongue hurt, A LOT! It's pretty weird. My tongue feels like someone poured acid on it and my gums burn and become really tender. I looked it up online and apparently people with an allergy to fruit sometimes also have allergies to latex (and I am allergic to latex).

I have a severe addiction to sugar, and I don't allow myself to indulge in anything with added sugar. I make all my desserts homemade, as a result. Fruit, being natural sugar, is one thing I always allowed myself to have and it helped me curb my refined sugar cravings, and now I'm worried that I cant have apples anymore :(

My question is, is this TMS? Can allergies be healed by TMS healing? I wonder what Steve O would say.

Any support would help.
    Thanks.
    S