1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Frustrated at my coworker

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So real quick I'm very anxious stressed and worried about my ears after what my coworker did.

I was on the phone talking to my girlfriend when he drove right up to me and held the horn on a car and I think my tinnitus might have spiked as a result and now I worried it might be worse then it was. My left ear also kind of hurts but that could be from my anxiety and fear around the event.

Also I looked it up and a car horn is only 110 decibels max but he pretty started at 8 feet and held it until he was right up to me (3-5 seconds or so )

I dont think that is long enough or loud enough for it to cause any hearing loss or damage. I was having such a good day until that happened.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Coworkers can be such idiots sometimes! Looking back to when my symptoms first started in 2014, I was going through a very difficult time in my marriage and was under a lot of stress at work. I blamed my physical breakdown on those two things. A few weeks ago, I was reflecting on that time period and realized that I had a new coworker that drove me insane! She talked incessantly in a loud obnoxious voice and would burst into my office to discuss her personal life even when I had my door closed! She was always stirring the pot and had a lot of negativity. I can't believe that I didn't connect the major impact she had on my emotions/health. The reason I'm bringing this up is to say that you have a lot of rage at your coworker. Acknowledge and feel the rage. Call him names in your head, journal about his disrespect, or punch a pillow.....then, let go of it. Treat yourself to something you enjoy and feel self compassion in order to dissolve the fear and anxiety.

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

Thanks for replying and yeah I pretty much did I've realized over the years I've been too nice (not that it's a bad thing) but there are certain times and situations where being angry and yelling is completely valid.

I've since calmed down and realized I didnt damage my ears from that encounter and there's nothing to worry about. I'm getting better at those negative thoughts (related to my health)

HattieNC likes this.