1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Gout, Bleeding Gums and Long Haul Covid

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kittyruns, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

Hello all,
    Having recently had covid (back in early August), it seems like there is one thing after another lately with my health and TMS Symptoms. They are popping up like whack a moles. I have sore gums and they bleed when I floss them. I as sure that I am grinding my teeth again. UGH!
    And the gout attack...let me tell you, I would no wish this on my worst enemy. I told my husband that it was basically like having a kidney stone lodged in my thumb joint. I looked in Steve O's book (in the back where he has a list of so many TMS symptoms) and sure enough, gout is there!
    As always, I am so THANKFUL to have my TMS knowledge and to reassure myself that I am OK!
    I am recognizing this as a time to slow down, take extra care of myself, avoid too much news and social media and just focus on healing and loving myself!
    Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and Holiday season!

hecate105 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Keep on the TMS work - but also check your vit D levels - as it protects gum health - mine got a lot better after I started taking it - I was completely empty according to blood tests!