1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Great affirmation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

When I read back some of my notes on TMS I ran into an affirmation I forgot about...
    "I accept myself, I appreciate myself and I love myself."
    This one especially works whenever you have a tendency of beating yourself up all the time about different things. It really helps to quiet down the superego, who has set unrealistic expectations. After all we are only human, not super humans.
    Hope someone benefits from it... :)

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's wonderful. I think affirmations are best when, like this one, they are about how you feel rather than about some fact regarding the state of the world. For example, I think it is much better to say, "I feel great about my fencing ability" rather than "I'm going to win the world championship of fencing." The former version feels like something we have much more control over.

This was posted from my phone. Woohoo!

3. nancy

nancy Well known member

Gigalos, thanks, this will help me a lot, especially during the early morning
    hrs, my worst!

4. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

This is my favorite one so far!