1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Hanscom's Blog Great Content from Dr. Hanscom & a free PTSD online conference

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Jun 12, 2022.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I subscribe to Dr. David Hanscom's weekly email, and wanted to share some things from the most recent one (sent today 6/12/22):

This patient story: “My Way Out” (of “The Abyss”) – One Patient’s Story – Back in Control

This article about what Dr. H refers to as Expressive Writing

This free PTSD conference where Dr Hanscom is one of the featured speakers. From his newsletter:

You may have seen my emails recently letting you know about AVAIYA University's latest free online event, Healing PTSD.

I am honored to be a featured AVAIYA teacher, and wanted to let you know you have one last chance to tune into classes with me and other therapists, psychologists, trauma-experts & more this week.

You may already know that I have a different view of PTSD that I discuss in this workshop. All of us deal with some level of trauma, as life is competitive. I feel the point where it becomes, “PTSD” is arbitrary not helpful in connecting to your capacity to heal. You can’t “heal your traumas or the links to them. Instead, as you connect with them, they provide the energy for your current growth and capacity to thrive. You don’t have to heal your traumas, but you can heal your current life.

Tens of thousands of people are watching these classes and finding peace & relief from their suffering. If you, too, would like to heal, I highly recommend you take advantage of this free opportunity.

Join Us For Healing PTSD Right Here.

After you register, AVAIYA University will email you a link to watch the classes once the replays begin.

For those who are new to the forum, Dr. Hanscom is a former spine surgeon from Seattle, who developed his own TMS-based recovery program aimed at back pain, after he himself recovered from years of back pain and failed surgeries thanks to Dr. Sarno. At one point he reported that as many as 40% of his pre-surgery patients canceled their surgeries after doing his program, and not long after that milestone he left surgery to devote himself full-time to mindbody recovery from back pain. He is a board member of the PPD Assocation where you can find his complete bio and links to all of his projects. Dr Hanscom is an awesome resource and generously shares a TON of information for free on his web site. In the past many of his blogs were posted here - just look in the Mindbody Blogs subforum.

~Jan

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jan,
    Thanks for finding these gems, and thanks to Dr. Hanscom. I love the journaling piece, which explores more options.
    Andy