1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Program Gupta Amygdala retraining

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Nov 14, 2014.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I tried it about 10 years ago, long before learning about TMS. He has made some revisions/updates to the programme since I purchased it. I got some benefit from it, but admittedly did not follow the programme as prescribed. I especially like his recorded meditations, and still use the one entitled Soften and Flow if I feel pain or anxiety.

Reading his explanation of what causes ME, CFS, and Fibromyalgia didn't have the same impact as reading Sarno's and Schubiner's explanations, where I felt an immediate reduction in pain just from reading.

But I think his theories are consistent with Sarno, and interviews with him are included in the upcoming documentary All the Rage.

3. mike2014

Thank you Ellen, I had a feeling you may be familiar with it. I am wondering if i can purchase the meditation as a stand alone item, I don't really want to purchase all of the DVD's.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Doesn't look like he sells the meditation recordings separately from the entire package. You might try asking him via his website.

5. mike2014

Thank you kindly Ellen, i'll drop him an email.

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Apparently, Gupta's meditations really helped Michael Galinsky in his own recovery. (As you may know, Galinsky is a patient of Dr. Sarno's and is also the director of the documentary about Dr. Sarno.) In one of his updates, Galinsky writes,
    Different things seem to work for different people, and I think that's wonderful. I've heard a meditation from him, and it focuses on how we feel about our pain. It is focused on the idea that "what we resist, persists." Sometimes we try so hard to fight our TMS that we actually feed into it, and he teaches us one way to not do this. I've noticed from the forums that how we feel about our pain is a key factor for people who are having difficult recoveries.

The update from Galinsky includes four free clips of an interview with Gupta. You can read the entire thing and watch the clips here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...mentary-connecting-emotions-and/posts/1051382

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    Peggy, mike2014 and North Star like this.
  7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Those clips are wonderful, Forest. Thank you! And how generous of Michael Galinksy to pass along the meditation. I will give it a try!

mike2014 likes this.
  8. mike2014

Thank you Forrest.