1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Gupta

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Apr 20, 2018.

1. mbo

mbo Well known member

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

I haven’t participated in the Gupta offering, but I’ve read about it and seen previews of what he teaches on YouTube. In fact, I was VERY close to buying the program last year. People say his meditations are incredibly relaxing, and he’s apparently been effective for a wide range of conditions (POTS, multiple chemical sensitivity, chronic fatigue, anxiety, fibromyalgia, etc.).

I think his approach to neuroplasticity sounds legitimate, but I’ve heard it can take some extra time, and I saw much faster results by simply believing nothing was wrong with me and going about my daily life with confidence, love, and peace. My intention is not to push for TMSers to find “quick and easy” fixes to their problems, because there often aren’t any, but a long-term structured program felt like it would’ve slowed me down. Gupta’s offering isn’t the only way to induce neuroplasticity and retrain your amygdala. For me personally, I felt like committing to the program would’ve been a constant reminder of my sympathetic nervous system overactivity, and I knew my best results would come without special DVDs. This is because everything intensified when I focused on it.

Now, this is simply me speaking to my individual situation and preferences, and many people who have achieved great success with Gupta will feel different. If someone needs the Gupta program, that’s definitley OK, and he sounds great!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. riverrat

riverrat Well known member

I did buy it and liked it for the most part. I didn't do all the seminars but did the steps. I thought it was helpful. Didn't really do the meditations though. I would rather just meditate alone without a guided meditation. I've been really well since buying it a year and half ago until my recent flare up last week. So it must have helped. But I also agree with Caulfieid talking about committing to a program might make you think about it more. That's why I only followed part of the Gupta program.