1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday, Walt!

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Forest, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Today is our very own @Walt Oleksy's birthday!

Walt has been an active and beloved member of this community since September 2012. Through his supportive, wise, and humorous posts he's become the top-poster here on the forum, both in the number of posts and the total number of likes. And of course, his love for dogs, and his dog Annie in particular, provides us with lots of wonderful pictures :)

An author of over 50 books, Walt also recently co-authored the TMS book God Does Not Want You to Be in Pain with Eric "Herbie" Watson. It's a great resource, and we've been discussing it for a number of weeks now during the Tuesday night discussion group. I've really enjoyed listening to Walt discuss his chapters and hearing the additional stories, insight, and advice he provides on the line.
    Walt, I wish you a great day and a great year. Happy birthday!tiphata

Forest

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Forest. I've benefited so much from being a member of the forums. TMS knowledge changed my life. I went
    from 82 to 62 in a month. Emotionally, that is. Today I'm 84 and wonder where the years went. A lot of them in
    researching and writing books, and being with family and friends and my darling dogs. Annie is my annual birthday
    present from God. She's 13 now and still active as a pup.

I hope you all have birthdays as good as mine today, whatever your age.

Thanks for the book plug, too, Forest. And the hats off icon too. Very clever.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy Birthday, Walt! Hope you are having a wonderful birthday. Wishing you many more....

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you, Ellen. Annie and I are having a steak tonight. She gets few bites.

5. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Walt you always make me smile! Happy Happy Birthday! You certainly deserve a big steak and Annie is one lucky dog.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy B-day Walt, It's a beautiful day and I know you will be happy and Joyful in it. The key to laughter is reading Walts books and watching his recommended movies. I'll never forget or let go of the movies you sent me after I got sick early last year. They were key in getting me better and I didn't even know that was the case when you sent them, but you did. You knew I'd have a great time watching "The Lady Eve" as she messed with Henry Fonda's mind - classic. Thanks Pal. :)
    Also like Forest I have watched you grow by leaps and bounds in your Tms knowledge. You should get an honorary psychological degree for as much as you know -- You will be Sir Walter Oleksy now.
    Bless you pal, love you brother....tiphata

7. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

waveaHappy birthday, Walt. You are often the first to respond - it's nice to know someone out in cyper reads my posts. Love your smile and Annie's picture. My smaller dog is half Lab so I am aware what a wonderful companion Annie must be.

8. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WALT! You're are so cherished on this Forum, and we love you dearly.

9. Becca

Becca Well known member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WALT!

Walt, your outlook on life is beyond inspiring and I hope someday I have an ounce of the wisdom you possess. I consider myself very lucky to call you a friend.
    I hope you have had a spectacular day. Happy birthday my friend - here's to many, many more beerbuds

nowtimecoach likes this.
  10. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Happy Birthday Sir Walter!

You are the patriarch of this site. your words of wisdom are never overlooked. I'm always interested in what you have to say, not only based on your experience, but because you're a good man. Experience doesn't mean anything unless you have learned from it.

You have no idea how much you inspire people. I'm happy I met you. You know that the best thing that ever happened to you was your TMS pain, right?

On your 90th birthday you and I will drink some beer together, but not 64 cans, I hear that number is painful.

SteveO

11. Mala

Mala Well known member

Dear Walt. Jaspa & I wish you the happiest birthday ever. Thank u for all that you do. image.jpg

12. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

Have a wonderful birthday! And thank you so much for all your kind words, you have helped me so much...

13. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Happy Happy Birthday Walt!! I am so grateful for your presence in my life. You come through me everyday when I start stressing about something and I can hear your words... Just laugh about it! May your humor and generosity come back at you one hundredfold!!

14. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Walt. :)