1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Happy expressive writing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lizzy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

This morning I wrote about a fantasy.

I wrote a letter to my extended family and hubby's. I enjoyed writing it, but what surprised me was how excited and joyful I felt afterwards. I'm sharing the abridged version here.

Hey everyone,
    I won the lottery!

Therefore I want to give you a family reunion/vacation. Somewhere sunny and a bit extravagant.
    All expenses paid! Airfare, passports, hotel, meals etc. Each family will have spending money and the kids will have some of their own.

I will plan some meals and activities, but all are optional. These will all be paid for, I don't want anyone to spend fifty cents. It is all supposed to be a gift, I want everyone to be stress free before and during the trip.

Each family and individual, this trip is for you, what do you want? Maybe you need a lot of alone time, then take it. Side trips are also paid for. I want everyone to go home refreshed, not resentful of my plans. Let's enjoy as much time together as suits best!

The end.

I can't tell you how much I received from this exercise!
    Lizzy

Sofa, EileenS, Ellen and 3 others like this.
  2. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Simple fabulous, Lizzy! :) :) :) I'm going to follow your lead and to do some 'happy expressive writing'...I'm so sick of all the rooting around into the not so nice things in my past and present in my journaling...Tomorrow morning I'm going to write about some of the good and lovely things that I remember from my past :).

Sofa, MWsunin12 and Lizzy like this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Bloodmoon,

I think you will like focusing on the good!

I've read that the brain doesn't know if something is really happening or not when we're thinking, usually in the context of fear. So my guess is my subconscious thought it was real. It produced happy hormones.

Lizzy

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that is some first-rate visualizing. Way to go, Lizzy.

BloodMoon and Lizzy like this.
  5. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Absolutely! I was also reading that if we visualise and 're-live' good things that have happened to us from our past, to the subconscious it's like those things are happening in the present. :)

Lizzy likes this.
  6. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

There is a slight chance that I am a long distant relative of yours Lizzy!!!
    Can I let you know where to send my tickets to the Cayman Islands? I'm so excited!!

lowella, Lizzy and BloodMoon like this.
  7. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Sofa,
    My fantastic fantasy win was huge, let's all go!

Lizzy

Sofa and BloodMoon like this.