1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen Dr Andrea Leonard Segal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kindle123, Sep 3, 2018.

1. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

Hello,

If anyone in ever had a chance to see Dr Andrea? She practices at Gorger Washington University.What was your experience like? And would you recommend her?

Thank you

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I've sent several people to see Dr. Segal, some have flown in from other countries, all seemed very happy with her. She was a close friend of Dr. Sarno's perhaps his closest MD friend. She's one of the few who truly gets it like Dr. Gwozdz. I consulted today with a man in NY who told me he went to see her and was happy with the visit.

But if anyone feels they need to see a doctor in order to heal then there's deeper insight needed, the healer can add a boost of confidence however, but not much more. Healing comes solely from within because that's where the answers are.

MindBodyPT and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for your reply Steve, I have just been contemplating if it’s worth $600 per visit (if i had that sort of extra money lying around I would never give it a second thought but being able to work just part time I practically will have to take out a loan to go see her). But it’s extremely comforting to hear that you have actually sent several people to her. Once again thank you for taking out the time to reply.

4. GetBusyLiving

GetBusyLiving New Member

Kindle - I too inquired about seen Dr Segal. I had just finished reading Dr. Sarno's books and was part way through Steve's first book. I felt it would help build my confidence and belief to have that 'official stamp of approval'.

Since I would be traveling, she recommended a double appointment - so, $1,200. That brought me to a bit of a coming to Jesus about where I was at with my TMS healing. Had I really done everything I could on my own? Had I really gone 'all-in'? At the risk of sounding like I'm still resistant per Steve's last book (which I literally just finished reading this morning), did I really need to spend $1,200 right now just to get a stamp on my forehead? I decided the answer to that question was 'No' - at least not until I could honestly tell myself that I had truly given myself over to the process and was still not seeing progress.

I finished reading Steve's book which helped bring me to a variety of key realizations and truths. If you haven't read it, read it - study it like you're studying the Torah or the long lost Dead Sea Scrolls or your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend's diary. It helped me realize, among many things, that I had (we all have been) conditioned at the deepest, most fundamental level - completely outside of our conscious awareness (another great book which will truly drive this particular understanding home is "Strangers to Ourselves"). To paraphrase Dr. Sarno - I had to forget everything I knew or had been taught about my body, health, and wellbeing. I had to unlearn most of what I believed to be true.

That was a couple months ago. Today, my back is 95% better than it was before. I'm still TMSing as the Symptom Imperative is doing its thing...but I got its number and its on the run and I am healing.

"Truth is revealed by removing things that stand in its light, an art not unlike sculpture in which the artist creates, not by building, but by hacking away." - Alan Watts

JanAtheCPA likes this.