1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

have any of you dealt with ocd or is currently dealing with ocd?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Oct 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

is my therapist doing ERP or something else?

so my ocd was way severe and has gotten better, but it’s still severe. before i had 24/7 ocd about everything, now i still have ocd daily, but can manage it better than before. i feel stuck or slowly improving, i can’t tell.

what she has done is taking one ocd at a time and cope with it, but if i remember correctly, she never told me to do it on purposely, she told me when the ocd shows up, i stop doing it and continue living life letting me experiencing the anxiety and that after all i’m okey and alive.

i still experience the same ocd mostly everyday so even if i don’t do it on purpose i still experience it, but sometimes it’s hard for me to stop doing the ocd and continue living. she just told me to not resist. worst thing is that i have a shit ton of ocds and when one shows up, another can too and mess things up.

when i experience ocds that i’m not currently working on i get lost. also when dealing with severals that i’m working at, but they are happening all together at the same time.

thoughts?