1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Having an extremely hard time getting a grip on pelvic sensations

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by indecisiveman, Nov 2, 2021.

1. indecisiveman

indecisiveman New Member

So I did make a post already but in the General Discussion forum, and I also didn't get many replies probably because my description of my situation is very graphic and probably unsettling. So I thought I'd make a new topic in the place it should've already gone. If you'd like you can read the old one here: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/persistent-genital-discomfort-symptoms-could-it-be-tms.24964/ (Persistent genital discomfort symptoms... could it be TMS?)

Anyway I'm a 27 yr old male and I have weird pelvic sensations that have been with me since February. This was after I had unprotected sex with someone a couple times in Jan. I also was trying to quit weed. The sensations went away in April weirdly after I took penicillin for something I probably didn't need it for (e. faecalis, which is apparently normal bacteria via a swab).

The initial sensation was one like crawling inside my genitals and tingling around them, which made me very fixated on an STD. I was already very fixated on this bc of my encounter and I had just quit weed so I was experiencing a lot of withdrawal symptoms and felt really terrible. This crawling and whatnot went away and popped in and out when I took doxy and then went away for a month in April when I took penicillin like I said. But then it all came back in May when I freaked out again. Then I took penicillin AGAIN and things kinda bounced around, but this was a more aggressive course and it didn't go away entirely. But now the symptoms are a little different. I experience:

-Tingling in pelvic area
    -Stinging in genitals
    -Spasming in pelvic area and legs, sometimes in the arms or chest
    -Sensations of tightness or movement around genitals
    -Aches that will be on one side of my pelvis around my hip, then the other side sometimes too
    -A sensation of running water or heat around my genitals and pelvis
    -Cold feeling on genitals
    -Pain in my jaw concentrated on the left side
    -Overall genitals are very sensitive to the touch or temperature

I'm also relatively constipated. All of this will just pop in and out for not too long. Driving is a HUGE trigger I notice, I can go hours at work (symptoms rarely pop up at work) or home without symptoms and then when I drive something will go off for a while. I know I'm carrying a lot of anxiety in my system bc I have chills on my back frequently. Anyway I was just curious for input. I've had a CT scan, every std test imaginable, countless urinalyses, etc etc. I'm in a terrible loop where I convince myself I'm fine and that I don't have an infection or something wrong and I feel okay for a few days but then it comes back somehow, like I start doubting or I'll smoke weed and I'll get super anxious again.

I would love advice on if this sounds truly like TMS and what to do to break the cycle. I don't want to give up. I know that if it truly is TMS I just need to not be afraid of it. But I still am bc I feel like I can't believe it, like I feel so disconnected from reality and am unable to understand what my body is trying to tell me. I definitely am an anxious person, people pleaser, etc etc but the closest thing I've ever had happen like this was knee pain a few years ago that went away after a month. If it really is TMS, I'll accept it. But for some reason it just won't stick yet. Thanks for any possible input.