1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello, new to the forum

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by happystar, Apr 26, 2012.

1. happystar

happystar Peer Supporter

Hello everyone!
    I am new to this forum but have been reading Dr. Sarno's books in the last few weeks.
    I have tingly/painful feet and sometimes legs. The podiatrist first said I have plantar fasciitis, then he also told me I have neuropathy.
    I am going to start the structured learning and work through it. Anyone here has my same issues? I also suffer from hypoglycemia and anxiety (taking meds for this last one). Thanks !!

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Hi happystar (I like your name!)
    Plantar fasciitis was one of my many TMS symptoms and it was also the first to go...hooray! Welcome and looking forward to seeing you around.
    ~Veronica

3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Welcome to the forum happystar!

I had hypoglycemia as a kid, but not so much anymore. I do however, suffer anxiety issues as well. Am also on meds of it. TMS and anxiety can go hand in hand. If you look at some of the "Q&A's" here on the forum, you can see where anxiety can play a role in TMS. I have also done the Structured Educational Program on the wiki and found it to be really helpful.

There is so much info here from people like yourself, I think you'll find yourself in a good place to learn and relate to others.

Best of luck - and pop in anytime to ask questions.

BG

4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

5. happystar

happystar Peer Supporter

Thanks Veronica and Beach-Girl! It's nice to have some support. I've been so stressed out in the last year that I am now sure that my symptoms are TMS. I went to lots of doctors, had an MRI which showed some spots and I was so, so worried about MS. The dr. told me we needed to do another one in a few months to see if there was any change. Had it done on Monday, and there is no change! Therefore it is not MS, thank God. In all that time, I had blood tests and they found a protein in my blood that should not be there, they sent me to the oncologist. I was freaking out. Thank God it was a lab error. So needless to say, this past year I have been under tremendous stress. But now, after the MRI results, I can be sure it is TMS. My hypoglycemia (which also started one year ago)could very well be related to the anxiety, so am hoping I can get rid of it as well. Thanks again. That is my story!

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hiya happystar and Welcome to the Wiki,

Having a doctor rule out serious medical conditions is important, so it sounds like you are doing everything right. Since it sounds like the serious stuff has been ruled out be confident that this approach will work for you. Reading Sarno's books is a great place to start. From my perspective Plantar Fasciitis is TMS/PPD. We have a wiki page about it at Plantar Fasciitis. I also recommend checking out the program that Beach Girl mentioned. It was written by a bunch of people who recovered and contains a lot of techniques that other people found to be helpful. We hope you will keep us posted on how you are doing. I encourage you to explore this site and learn more about TMS/PPD. The approach works and I am glad you found our community. You are in the right place.

Best,

Forest

7. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, tingly feet was the first of my symptoms to disappear. Now my feet are warm and toasty, but my sciatica moves around and around my left leg, back, and hip (at least the pain is 80% less). Let's hope your tingles disappear along with your other symptoms! Welcome to the Wiki!

8. happystar

happystar Peer Supporter

Thanks, you guys are awesome!
    :)