1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help my son

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by briana, Mar 28, 2018.

1. briana

briana Newcomer

Hello all,

I don't know if this a bit off topic., but I am desperate here. I am nearing my 50’s. I am here for my older son who had to go through a divorce last year. He is depressed as he is away from his 3 yo son who he loved so much.

The day he separated from his son, he started smoking. He has now addicted to smoking now. Every time I see him I find him with a cigarette. He has lost weight too. His ex-wife has moved to some other country, so it is really difficult for him to see his son. He misses his son a lot. The only I find him smiling and laughing is when he calls his son...

But after the heavy smoking for the past one year, he has started to experience some health issues. His lungs have become very weak now. He starts to cough really hard when he takes a puff. So, he has decided to quit now and he is trying his best. So, I am here to get help for my son as he doesn’t want to consult a doctor. Is there anyone who has successfully quit smoking without consulting any doctor. My brother suggested to me about vaping… He is also trying to quit smoking. He says it will definitely help to reduce the amount of smoking. Also, that the vaping is not like smoking, we have options in vaping. There are several vape juice available for that. I don’t know if I should be suggesting this to my son… Do you think it will work? He is now on gums, will that work? If that doesn’t work what are the other options? Please let me know your thought. I am desperate here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2019
  2. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

divorce uses to be an enormous emotional trauma. In my honest opinion the vast majority of divorces are avoidable .... with a new paradigm about love/marriage/relationships !
    That new paradigm (like Sarno's TMS) includes mainly rejecting any form of possession and exclusivity (like rejecting pills, physiotherapy, surgery,... for chronic pain !).
    I know the mainstream is permanent romance, love songs, Hollywood movies, jealousy, suffering, suspicions,... but the true freedom is possible with a radical mental change.
    The answer (similar to Sarno's books) : https://amores-a-mares.blogspot.com.es/ (Amores a mares)

hope it helps !

3. briana

briana Newcomer

Thank you so much...
    Hope this will help my son... I can't see him suffer like this anymore....

4. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

I don't think vape could help your son, if you are really concerned about him then take him to a doctor