1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help with triggers

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kitkatie124, Feb 2, 2016.

1. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

:( my pelvic pain is worse in the car i get crampy and horrible when I'm food shopping. I know my fear of food has something to do with that. Organic nothing out of a box no "bad ingredients ". I'm not sure about the car. I'm rarely in pain when I'm with my boyfriend or animals.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kitkatie. Maybe try a car seat cushion and remind yourself the discomfort from driving is TMS. You probably are right that your fear of eating healthy causes you some pain. I think you need to keep what you eat simple: avoid processed foods, eat more fruits and vegetables, less salt and sugar and meat. More chicken, turkey, fish. And smaller portions. Chew your food slowly. And drink 8 glasses of water a day.

I'm glad you are rarely in pain when with your boyfriend or animals. That means you are happy with them. Thinking and doing happy things helps us get well and stay well. No science rocket philosophy in that. But it works.

kitkatie124 likes this.