1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

HELPFUL VIDEOS FOR SLEEP, MINDFULNESS, RELAXATION, LUCID DREAMING

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Nov 18, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Many people posting to the TMSWiki forums say they are suffering back or other bodily pain
    but also are experiencing a lot of anxiety, worry, and fear. They also either have a hard time
    falling asleep or sleeping at all. Others say they just don’t know how to practice mindfulness
    (living in the present moment), and need relaxation techniques. They all relate very well to
    TMS healing techniques seen in the subforums here, including those interested in lucid dreaming.

I surfed the Internet and found many helpful videos on these topics from various sources
    posting on YouTube. Some of those who were most helpful on these topics were the following:

Deepak Chopra has a wealth of videos on YouTube covering most if not all of the above topics.
    Two I especially like are his Sleep Meditation video which is long at 1 hour, 6 minutes, but very
    worth watching. It includes breathing exercises and guided meditation. He suggests four things
    that help in falling asleep: 1) don’t watch any television or movie two hours before bedtime,
    especially action movies. 2) go to bed before 10 pm. 3) refrain from physical exercise or work
    late at night. 3) drink no beverage with caffeine after 5 pm.

Chopra says deep, diaphramic breathing is an essential all the time but especially when in bed
    as an aid in falling asleep. Deep breathing sends oxygen to the brain and blood stream that,
    Chopra says, is the body’s way of calming a person with a natural biochemical equal to
    pharmaceutical tranquilizers such as diazepam (Valium).

He says deep diaphramic breathing is done best by inhaling slowly through the nose to the
    count of four (count 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 4,000), hold the breath a second or two, then exhale
    slowly through the mouth to the count of four. Repeat this at least 10 times. (Hypnosis for sleep
    hypnotists say do this while counting backwards from 100 to 1. It puts a person in the present
    moment, focusing on the breathing and counting.) I’ve found this to be very helpful.

Other Chopra videos on YouTube that are very helpful on meditation and other topics are:
    Secret of Healing – Meditations for Transformation (46 minutes). And this one, on ageing
    gracefully and healthfully: How to Combat the Ageing Process (26 minutes). It is an excellent
    video on MindBody living and healing techniques.

I also found YouTube videos that are very helpful to be the various posts of malesoothe. A young man
    named Andrew Kennedy who is a yoga instructor and sleep hypnotist who guides the viewer through
    his techniques for falling asleep at his posting, Sleep Hypnosis and Relaxation (12 minutes).

He whispers his techniques and I found them to be very calming. They also include deep breathing and
    counting. His other videos are on mindfulness techniques, relaxation head and hand massages, and
    lucid dreaming in which he says dreams can be programmed. For more of his sites, type in
    malesoothe at YouTube.

Another YouTube video I found to be very helpful in falling asleep is at Fall Asleep Right Now in which
    Meg Tocantins guides viewers through a 12 minute session that also is relaxing and she talks in almost
    a whisper.

There are dozens and dozens of other MindBody videos that are helpful in TMS healing and it’s worth
    the time to browse through them to find the ones you like bes and that work best for you.

You can learn a lot about the topics above if you go to You Tube sites for Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh,
    Claire Weekes, Byron Katie. And, of course, Dr. John Sarno and Steve Ozanich.

Bear, birdsetfree, Gigalos and 5 others like this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Goodstuff walt very helpful thx for sharing

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Walt, this looks very helpful. David Hanscom reports that getting enough sleep really helped him and his patients to calm themselves so that they could get control of their symptoms.

4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Thanks Walt!

5. Bear

Bear Newcomer

I like this video from a new channel on Youtube. It combines visuals, nature sounds and music. Pretty unique: