1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Here's my research into John F. Kennedy's TMS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by livelife2bepainfree, Sep 18, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livelife2bepainfree

livelife2bepainfree Peer Supporter

Did you know that JFK suffered from chronic backpain from his undergraduate years at Harvard until the day of his assassination?

It took me a couple of weeks and endless hours of research, but I managed to put together a complete TMS analysis of JFK's chronic pain.

Read the story and you'll understand how chronic pain develops...

With love, Angelos

2. mbo

mbo Well known member

Awesome! Great search. Astonishing.
    I agree 100% with you. Thanks a lot !
    JFK was for sure a very torturated man. He probably lived in a permanent emotional hell.

regards!
    m.

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Read with great interest. Thank you!

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Very interesting; thank you for sharing and putting this together! It's amazing to see how the mind-body connection/TMS truly does affect everyone.

I have a friend who is absolutely obsessed with Lady Gaga and was telling me about her "fibro warrior" story. I explained that so many people have recovered from fibromyalgia and how sympathetic overdrive is the culprit. This particular friend respects my opinions in general and was very open to what I was saying, but I wouldn't be able to talk about this with everyone, of course. I always wish more people understood what was going on when public figures, chiropractors, musculoskeletal vendors, etc. discuss issues such as back pain and fibromyalgia because it seems to contribute to the belief that they're always structural conditions completely out of our control.

I appreciate this!

TG957 likes this.
  5. Gojab

Gojab Peer Supporter

Fascinating. One also wonders how someone with his "injuries" could have been so heroic in "Profiles in Courage" which I believe was accompanied by strenous physical activity on his part. In other words, when he needed to be active he was able to do so..

TG957 likes this.
  6. Neil

Neil Peer Supporter

With so much pain he became the president of his country that too one of the finest...
    Bloody I cant even choose & follow a right career in a decade of my TMS

TG957 and livelife2bepainfree like this.
  7. livelife2bepainfree

An interesting detail. When people saw Jack walk on crutches, his popularity went up! His opponents raised concerns about his health but that worked against them!!! This is another reason why chronic pain sufferers often are unwilling to move past their pain because they receive more love from others while in pain. When you remove a limiting belief you always let go of a benefit that was associated with it.

lucieG, BruceMC, Aimee88 and 2 others like this.
  8. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

That makes sense; I think it’s common for people dealing with chronic pain to prompt feelings of relatability and solidarity, since we are all subject to the mind-body connection. Back pain in particular is a common ailment.

livelife2bepainfree likes this.
  9. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

This is interesting!

10. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

That was awesome bro! I didn't know all of that about the K's, but it all makes perfect sense. Sarno said that well meaning parenting was at the root of a lot of TMS type personality traits.

I have suspected TMS in a LOT of biographies I have read going all the way back to the Bible. The first recorded case of TMS is in Genesis 32:31 though the story begins much further back when Jacob (Israel) first steals His brothers inheritance and flees to Paddan-Aram (Syria)

He is 'Mommy's favorite'. His brother, the true alpha, swears he's gonna kill him so he leaves. He goes and starts a new life in Syria. Some years later he's on his way home and is told his brother is coming out to meet him, with a small army (Uh oh) He sends him lots of presents to ingratiate himself to his brother. He sends his Family in groups out ahead of him (brave, huh?) hoping that at least they might not all be killed. HE waits on the other side of a river and tosses and turns all night 'wrestling with God' and has a limp from then on.

That little vignette is so personal, embarrassing and real it has to be authentic. Who would preserve a nation founding story on such poor behavior?
    The Kennedy's story is also too familiar to ignore

The current presentism is dangerous for just that reason. When we can admit openly we are flawed people trying to slowly arise up out of the ooze of our forefathers, we can learn a lot. Change. Get better, improve. When we view the past with a 'privileged reference frame' and see ourselves as distinct from it , we open ourselves up to having to repeat all of the shameful behaviors of our antecedents.

My father's life mirrored JFK's a lot. He also had agonizing ulcers that were never found and walked with a limp and a cane. I am certain he is happy to know his son and grandchildren somehow broke free of the cycle of pain.

great work

livelife2bepainfree, TG957 and Lainey like this.
  11. Eareat

Eareat Newcomer

Thank you for posting your research, this information is very valuable!

12. livelife2bepainfree

Eareat, I'm glad you liked it.

13. Eareat

Eareat Newcomer

Thank you for posting your research, this information is very valuable! I am now doing my little research too, I try to study as much information as possible for writing an article. I also used the help of https://paperell.com/buy-research-papers (Buy Research Papers Online at Professional Writing Service - Paperell) to replenish my resources. I read a lot of papers, so now I have a difficult task in front of me, I need to structure everything.

14. livelife2bepainfree

Eareat, please let me know about your findings!!! I'm a research junkie too! Here are some research studies around back pain that I managed to find.

15. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Interesting. Thanks for your research. I grew up thinking that JFK injured his back in the PT-109 sinking in WWII in which he won the Purple Heart, in August 1943. The history.com article about that says he "badly hurt his back" when his ship was sunk. But it seems he had back problems preceding that. I had no idea he had been in such bad shape, amazing he was able to function as a Senator and President.

16. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

It’s only interesting and surprising because our culture taught us, brought us up, to believe in what is called science, with human bias abound. Think about it for a second. Science attempts to explain what humans observe that is currently out of reach for them. Power, energy, weather, etc.

Once you get old enough you’ll see how it morphs and changes DRASTICALLY through the decades. Every time something was assumed(takes arrogance) that was not true. The people who believed the earth was flat were of the same intelligence as you.

Quantum physics is starting to prove out some realities that science previously was in disagreement with. I do believe in the next decade or 2 mindbody connection will just be a solid science.

I’d bet the majority of people dealing with high stress through high achievement or hardships both deal with forms of TMS. I’m considering worsening of an existing condition as TMS as well. I’m not even convinced a person cannot cure themselves from cancer and other serious illnesses through extreme self awareness. Claims have been made like this 1000’s of years.

I just keep finding new TMS issues and realize things as young as 12 that were actual TMS that blow my mind.

backhand likes this.
  17. mbo

mbo Well known member

18. kledo5

kledo5 Newcomer

19. mbo

mbo Well known member

20. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Locking this thread. Too many spammers, mostly promoting essay-writing services (supposedly).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.