1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hip/groin pain vs TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Timbercat, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

Ortho has been treating me for hip bursitis since April which by mid May started to get better. Xray was clear. I decided to do some gardening, then extra walking, then vaccumed and mopped only about 1/16 of my basement. I did these activities slowly over the course of about 4 days. By the end of it I was in so much pain -- cannot walk without a limp. Spent one week resting it and putting ice on it without improvement. Went back to ortho this week and he wants an MRI because of the amt of pain. He wants to rule out soft tissue injury or stress fracture. I am having the Mri today. I am so housebound AGAIN...and so scared. I have my appointment with Dr. Schubiner 6/25. Just want to get to him. Please send good thoughts that this MRI comes back OK. Send any thoughts to help me through this very difficult time. Thanks to all who stay with me on this forum.

2. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Hi Timbercat
    You may want to check out the past posts from avik. He too suffered from hip issues with terrible sounding diagnoses. I found his posts (from around 2016 to more recent ones) to be very encouraging vis a vis the hip issue. I do have cartilage issues (diagnosed) and walk with a limp and have been using a walking stick for a while. I worked through this about six years ago and did not need the stick and could walk normally, but many changes occurred in my life in the last three years that brought TMS to the fore. This hip pain is the remaining symptom (of many) to still be bothering me, and, it is not pleasant. I have started (once again) pool exercises and some mild stretching, but mostly I have done lots of TMS work with the writings/reading and the programs offered here online. Some days are worse than others. Yet, I am certain this pain is TMS even though I know there are some structural issues that an ORTHO would hone in on and suggest a medical (surgical that is) cure. So, be alert to the need to be aware of what an Ortho will say, he/she is probably not a TMS sympathizer, but maybe? Good thoughts are with you.
    Kindly
    Lainey

3. Timbercat

4. Timbercat

Lainey,
    I did look back at avik's posts and will continue reading. He was quite active on the forum and really had numerous physical symptoms. Thanks for your suggestion. I did get the MRI results which basically show bursitis and nothing more. Thankfully no fractures. Makes me think ortho is going to say I should have my back looked at again. I've had spinal surgery for a disc back in 2001, and last MRI showed a bulging L5-S1 disc with foraminal compromise in 2016. So they will try to tell me its pinched nerves or whatever. Meanwhile I can hardly walk. At least you got to the point of accepting your pain as TMS. I thought I was there with the back pain until it got this bad. If I could get to a pool or walk a bit outside I would feel better. I cannot do that yet. Its going to be a long 2 weeks until I get to Dr. Schubiner. Thanks for sharing part of your story and for your kind thoughts.