1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hip soreness "from my belt"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Thebestwhey, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Thebestwhey

Thebestwhey Peer Supporter

have been dealing with hip soreness off and on for a few weeks now. I have gained a bit of my weight back (maybe a 1 or 2 pounds) but I really do not think this could be a cause of issue

Basically I feel a sore dull pain that lingers all day. Its right in the side of my hip bones where the belt wraps around as well as the points on the very lower back. It seemed to have spurred when I got my dress pants taken in and they were fitting tight and slim fitted. This is a good thing and I have never had an issue... I was wearing the pants a bit higher up on my waste and noticed some soreness in what seemed to be my organs??

Now it seems that when I wear my dress pants, even my other pair, I get soreness and now today wearing jeans at work I'm so sore... I do feel like its TMS but I also wonder why all of a sudden its happening after I gained a couple pounds and had my pants taken in... Could it be something more?

Any advice would be GREAT

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi TBW -

Please remember that no one here can diagnose! If you have a concern over any symptom, you should be checked out by an appropriate health professional.

If you are checked out and there is nothing wrong, then you might as well assume that it's the symptom imperative coming back to haunt you. Or if you're checked out and told that whatever it is, it's not urgent, you can also decide to treat it as TMS, because chances are that it is.

I can't even begin to count the number of weird symptoms that have come and gone over the years, especially before I discovered Dr. Sarno in 2011, but also since then. In addition to little aches and pains and tingly neuro things, the worst ones in the past included "real" conditions such as heart palpitations, rapid weight loss due to digestive issues, chostocondritis, and disabling headaches, but in the end, they were all manifestations of emotional suppression and stress, and they disappeared without treatment.

And I have to say that the thing I often notice here is that TMS seems practically guaranteed to produce a brand-new custom-made symptom just for you - one that no one else has ever experienced. The whole goal is to keep you worried and on your toes.

~Jan