1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 26 Holiday High

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ines, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Ines

Ines Well known member

Well I had fun for the first time in years. We went to visit some friends at a lake and I actually had fun. I'm still on a high. I haven't let go in years.
    I didn't fuss over my migraines, the sleeping situation, the food, the heat, or the drive.
    We arrived Friday and on Saturday I fought a migraine all day. I even started to get anxiety but I just took some meds and told my brain to F off. By Sunday it was completely gone.
    I swam, I kayaked, I ate junk food, I helped cook, I even taught the kids some songs and they put on a show for everyone. I basically acted like a little kid. I even found time to meditate twice.
    Strangely, on the drive home all of these emotions came up. I kept fighting tears and when we got home I had a really good talk with my husband. I got some deep issues off my chest and I actually feel lighter and happier. I think things are coming up to the surface the more I journal and the deeper I dig.
    Today, I have some migraine sensation but I'm so happy I'm not even thinking about it. I can't believe I actually had some fun. I've been missing out.

Ellen likes this.
  2. Brandon J

Brandon J New Member

Ines! This just made me so incredibly happy to read. I know how it is, not being able to let go and have fun. I went to a barbecue yesterday for the holiday and though I did have fun, toward the end my back was hurting so much it completely stole my focus. I am looking forward to the day that I don't have to think about it. Congratulations, it sounds like you've made a ton of progress!