1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Hoping for Change

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mia, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Mia

Mia New Member

Hello,

I'm here hoping that I can overcome years of chronic pain all over my body. I was a firefighter for 35 years, which led to 7 surgeries due to on-the-job injuries including two total knee replacements. Now I'm suffering from chronic pain in my shoulder, both knees and in my pelvic floor. I've investigated these pains thoroughly with medical doctors and "should be fine" because there is no obvious cause for pain found in a ton of testing and treatment. I can no longer take ibuprofen because it appears that I've developed a sensitivity to it, and I don't want to be taking anything stronger.

I am aware that I have issues with suppressing emotions (necessary in that line of work) and also have significant traumas from childhood through the present, so I believe I am a good candidate for this program. I look forward to engaging fully and following the lead of so many successful people before me.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

I really feel the pain you're having right now. Be strong and pray always :)