1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

How I found healing after 5 years of muscle pain

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Bl4ckJ4ck, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Bl4ckJ4ck

Bl4ckJ4ck Newcomer

Dear community! I have not actively participated on this board so far but have dropped in once in a while regulary the last couple of years on my search for healing. Now that I have found something that worked for me I want to share my experience so maybe it might help somebody else. About myself: I am a 34 year old male from europe who works as a lawyer and has two small kids under the age of four. Oh yeah, and I am not a native english speaker so if you find mistakes in my spelling or grammar feel free to keep them ;)

How the pain started:
    9 years ago (2012) at the age of 26 I broke one of my spinal disks on my mid back. I was incredible lucky. Doctors said everything healed fine and prescribed physio therapy which I did attend. The next 3 years I encounteded muscle pain once in a while and attributed it to be more sensitive to weather changes. I just assumed I have to live with that from now on and it wasn´t that bad as far as i can remember. In 2015 after finishing my law degree I entered into my first job which was a very stressful time. A few months into my first job I tried cross fit (I experimented with weight lifting a bit before) and one day while practicing a overhead exercise (I think it was the snatch) i felt a pain close to where I had my disk injury. The pain did not go away even after a few days had passed. It was a deep muscle pain and my muscles at that place in my back were always very tight. I visited countless doctors, had MRs, different physio therapists but they all kept telling me my back was ok and they could not find a reason for my pain. My GP prescriped me anti depressants to lower my pain level which had horrible side effects. I was in pain all the time and I believed I was broken at the age of 29. I was afraid, depressed and it was overall a very dark time for me and my wife. All I wanted was to be pain free. On some days the pain was lower and on some days I was in no pain at all. But the pain would always came back to me. I am not the guy who usually beliefs in alternative medicine a lot but since I was desperate I tried different things from shiatsu to craniosacral therapy to grinberg method, tapping and so on. I spent a lot of time and money but it did not help whatsoever. Finally I stumbled across Dr. Sarnos "Healing back pain" and it completely changed my perspective that physiologically nothing might be wrong with me. I quickly bought into the idea that it was all my subconcious mind acting up but I had no idea how to access my subconcious mind and work things out. I read "the subconscious mind" by Joseph Murphy and was more and more intrigued by the science of the subconscious mind but whatever I tried it did not work. After about 2 to 3 years of back pain and changing to a new job my backpain got better but now my hip started to hurt. So the last 2 years a struggled with reaccuring hip pain that sometimes was so excruciating that I couldn´t sit anymore. Desperation kicked in and reached it´s peak this Mai in 2020.

How the pain left:
    While struggling with all this pain for years I found out that the wife of a close friend of mine got licensed and started her own "emotion code" practice and I knew a few people who claimed that it has helped them quite a bit. Since I already had tried so many different alternative approaches I was not really interested in spending my money on something new that most likely would not help anyway. So it took me a few years till I finally approached her and scheduled an appointment. I didn´t know anything about the methode she practiced expect that it was about releasing trapped emotions. To be honest - for me as a lawyer who is more into science it felt a bit wierd. But I didn´t really have a lot to loose so I gave it a shot and after a few sessions and removing a lot of trapped emotions that were the cause of my pain my pain decreased immensely and got less and less frequent. The only problem I had now - I was depended on my physical therapist for pain release. If I had stressful or emotional experience that triggered a pain response I could only hope to get an appointment soon. And what would I do if my therapist ever moved away? And then came the first lockdown in march. For different reasons this was a very stressful time for me. I was in so much pain I couldn´t sit anymore. My glutes medius was on fire and my doctor had absolutely no idea why. I got injections but it didn´t help anything. And I could not see my therapist. So the only way out I could see for myself was to learn how to do it myself. I bought the book "emotion code" by Bradley Nelson on amazon for about 20 euros and read it in a few days. It was actually quite an easy read and since I already knew how the sessions worked it was not long before I tried the methode out on myself. I am pain free for about 6 months now. A started weight lifting again; I squat and deadlift and have no issues. And if I feel my hips starting to hurt again I know that something is bothering my subconscious mind and start to treat myself and release the trapped emotion.

I don´t know if that will work for anybody else. I don´t even know why or how it works really. I just know it worked for me for 6 months now and I am so grateful that by coincidence I found this. Maybe it can be beneficial to someone else as well.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Is this really working? I have a friend who's suffering from this condition. Maybe this will be the help he needs to get rid of his pain.

3. Bl4ckJ4ck

Bl4ckJ4ck Newcomer

Well I can just tell you it really worked for me. But on the other hand other techniques which worked for other people like cognitive soothing, journaling, tapping and so on did not work for me. So I guess there is no fix that fits everyone. But since it worked for me i wanted to share it so someone else can have the opportunity to give it a chance.

4. drlecter

drlecter New Member

are you 100% pain free? or do you have any symptoms from time to time? I want to read this book coz I am having a relapse for 5 months.