1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How long for affirmations to work

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jennyc19, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jennyc19

jennyc19 New Member

Hi all. I’m new to this forum and I’m starting on affirmations today. About how long does it take for positive affirmations to start working? What I’m asking is, how long until I can start feeling and seeing a change in myself once I start using these affirmations daily? I’m really excited about this!

2. hollywood

hollywood New Member

Jenny C19:

I have no clue how long it takes to work but I am trying to do the same.

3. sheltered

sheltered Peer Supporter

You have to believe it to see it. A paradigm shift is required which removes your anxiousness about when things will change or watching your symptoms and judging whether they are improving or getting worse. At least that is my experience. I know you want an answer like " 14 days" but it just doesn't work like that. Of course, if you have great faith in a practitioner and they said 14 days, maybe it would be that long. It is in your mind! Keep your excitement and build your faith you are on the right track and things will start happening. You WILL get better!

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

Hi,

They start to work from the beginning, after the first time that you practice the new positive affirmation. You just might not feel the results right away. It's not like it gives you instant satisfaction. But...they work. They do work. Each time that you practice, the new positive grooves in your head go deeper and deeper. And you get rid of (in time) the negative grooves that you have now. Takes time. No one knows how long it's going to take for you.

I still practice the affirmations today, every day. Multiple times/day. I read that if you practice for 7-8 years, then...you get rid of that particular grove/issue (fear, worry, anger etc) for good. It will never bother you again. Never.

You might want to read about my experience with this, see bellow:

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/the-power-of-affirmations.19398/#post-102934 (The power of affirmations)

Take care.

jennyc19 likes this.