1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

How to know there are no more repressed emotions?is it necessary to know personality framing events

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by unlearningpain, Sep 24, 2018.

1. unlearningpain

unlearningpain Peer Supporter

My pain has reduced significantly, 85 percent gone.but I'm getting hit by insomnia and it makes me feel worse.

I've had many aha moments in past month thinking about that event or circumstance which were hidden deep inside and I believe all have them had some contribution in my TMS.

It's now that I have concluded. I removed all my anger on punching bag.i discovered my life was so lacking in love.i found those aha event and how they conditioned me.

Now what?
    When to know that there are no more events hidden from me that formed my repressed emotions?

Is it my brain and nerve habits of past 2 years that are still keeping in me cycle?

Do I have to uncover more and dig deeper to find more such events?

I'm following Steven ozanich stuff currently.

Is it ok to live with hidden emotions and still recover without finding them.
    Any technique to hit on more such aha moments?

2. skhs

skhs Peer Supporter

I find that if digging deeper feels worthwhile, or like it can bring relief in the present moment then do it. If it feels more like a chore, then forget it and do something that’s currently more satisfying/rewarding/enjoyable.

unlearningpain likes this.
  3. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Remember, as Sarno speaks of, we all live with repressed emotions. Most of what happens in our brain is unconscious, and by definition we cannot access it. Journal and search yourself for unacknowledged emotions that are accessible to you. There will always be things that we cannot access; this is adaptive for us. What's important is to be aware of yourself and process emotions as you're able to.

unlearningpain likes this.
  4. unlearningpain

unlearningpain Peer Supporter

My TMS is hitting me in form of insomnia instead of pain.
    What should I do? I don't want to for antidepressants.but is getting difficult to manage without them.

After so much of pain reduction.i feel like
    Back to no improvement because of insomnia.