1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

HOW TO USE THREADS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by richard landry, May 12, 2012.

1. richard landry

richard landry New Member

Will someone direct me to a set of detailed instructions which show how to find access to screens on which to enter threads. I don't want to use Facebook or Tweeter. I always have difficulty loading threads. Examples of my problem are shown below.

(SEE :http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program) The first page of the TMS on-line program introduces the site and says: "If you want to comment about the program as a whole, write it in a thread at the bottom of this page." (I looked at the bottom of the page and did not find any link to any thread.)

(SEE :http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program) "If you want to comment about a specific day, write your comment in a thread on that specific day's page. (I looked at the bottom of the page for lesson 25 and did not find any link to any thread; how do I access the thread?)

(Per instructions of Lesson25 I'm to write a Forum post). Lesson 25 states: "Before you start the activities today take a short minute and write a forum post on how you are doing …" Which one of the following: 1.) PPD/TMS Discussion Forum2.) Structured Program and Blog Forum3.) Q&A with An Expert Forum?is a Forum post? Links to these screens are not shown on the individual lessons 1 thru 25.

Lesson 25 states in the Question To Ponder, "What TMS success stories have you found helpful, ... then post your response in a thread at the bottom of this page." (I looked at the bottom of the page for lesson 25 and did not find any link to any thread; how do I access the thread?"

Following are my comments concerning Lesson 25 "...how you are doing so far, and what apprehensions you may have about this treatment or your life in general." I really like reading about the successful TMS recovery of others because it nourishes my optimism for recovery. And yet, I have daily resistance to starting the lesson; however, once started I feel an enthusiasm for the work.

I identified with todays comment: "Am I conditioned to feel pain near the end of the day?" This is my current experience; every evening at around 10:00pm my left shoulder becomes very painful.

Every day I recite the TMS Daily Reminders, I do the journeling and I am being as compliant with the program as I possibly can be. I have missed only one day doing the TMS work since starting the on line program. I fear that the TMS program will not get rid of my fibromyalgia; this fear is doubt and doubt renders the TMS treatment impotent. I continue daily in my attempts to change the unconscious programming causing this fear, AND I'm making some progress.

2. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Richard:

I know your frustration in posting. I went through the same thing when I did the program, but learned to go to the forum and post rather than at the bottom of the page. Not sure how to do that, but you can come here, start a post and it will say "prefix" on the left as you start your thread. One of the choices is "Structured Program" - select that prefix and you're good to go. If you have further questions, check out Forest's video here http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/welcome-to-our-new-tms-forum.11/

I'm wondering if you expect somehow to be in pain at 10:00. Like "oh it's 9:30....here it comes!" Or does it just show up and you notice the time. Is there ANY connection with that time of night and something that happened in your life? Question can be just for you or you can reply.

BG

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hiya Richard - Thanks for pointing out the problem with the forum links in the program. That language made sense on our old website, but we just haven't gotten around to updating it yet. Luckily, I just updated the language and put a link to the Structured Program Forum. Hopefully this will be less confunsing. If you notice anything else that seems odd feel free to let us know, or if you are adventurous feel free to just click the "Edit" button and make the changes yourself. One of the best things about our site is that anyone can edit it and you cannot break anything.

It sounds like your unconcsious is trying to distract you from doing the work. This is because deep down it knows that you are on your way to beat TMS and it is trying to prevent you from doing this. Don't let it win. Set aside a time each day to do 30-45 minutes of TMS work and get into that routine everyday.

If reading success stories gives you hope and encouragement then I recommend doing that more. Reading those stories is what really gave me the confidence I needed to overcome all doubt. The are very powerful stories. If the TMS approach cured all of these other people why would it not cure you? For over 18 years my symptoms were about as bad as anyone can have, and I am now pain free because of this approach.

Our doubt is rooted in past treatment failures. We think that just becuase other approaches failed to alleviate our symptoms nothing will. But all of those other treatments did not address the cause of our symptoms. TMS works because, unlike every other technique, it addresses the real cause of our symptoms, our repressed emotions. This approach is fundamentally different from all other apporaches you tried. That is why it works.

4. dabatross

dabatross Well known member

This is so true. You go through all of this stuff physically, spend thousands or sometimes tens of thousands of dollars, and nothing worked so now you have tons of doubt whenever you try a new approach. the first instinct after going through all that is "oh this isn't going to work either" but i know having that attitude wasn't helping me and hey, the best part about TMS treatment is that its in your hands, not a doctors, and it doesn't cost much of anything except maybe a few books. i guess the harder part is getting the motivation to keep treating yourself now with a new type of treatment like work for TMS when you've worked so hard in the past on the physical treatments that your doctor prescribed you. this is my own case

5. Justina

Justina Peer Supporter