1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

i have a doubt that i would like to clear.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Nov 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

should we always listen to our body? let’s say for example, constant tireness of the mind and body. do we still listen and sleep if it needs sleep, stop doing what you’re doing because the body is asking for a break? in my situation for example, my body wants me to stop reading, writing, talk or do other stuff because it screams for rest. should i always listen and rest when it screams it? how do i know is tms not wanting me to read or to do things in general?

i just don’t know if i truly need a break or it’s tms wanting me to not improve. i know anxiety, depression, stress and other things can cause mental burnout, but i feel like my body wants to sleep for days while my mind is shut down.

tms causes physical pain, but can it cause psychological pain? tbh, i don’t what paychological pain really means. is this like the feeling of tireness all the time, not thinking straight, etc? if so how can we (i say “we” just in case someone is feeling something like this atm) manage this?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

The healthiest way to exist in my opinion is balance. Everyone's balance will look slightly different depending on your own unique circumstances. If you can tune into your own natural instincts about your mind and body's needs on the daily, you will achieve a healthy balance and feel your most energised.

stevow7 likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I think this "self-attunement" is key for you stevow7. In a sense, I think this is what you're asking for, help in this. And yet, the answer has to somehow come from your own listening. It is that attunement to what deeper parts of you need --just on the edge of our awareness which relaxes, lessens symptoms.

stevow7 likes this.
  4. stevow7

thanks for replying!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  5. stevow7

thanks for replying!