1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I jumped out of a plane for TMS Recovery!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by nowtimecoach, May 17, 2014.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I wasn't sure where to put this posting but I think its definitely in the success category. Today I had my first skydiving experience. I was in a free fall up at 13000 square feet and you know what I thought of? I yelled out "This is dedicated to all my TMS pals on the wiki forum!!"
    If it wasn't for the TMS recovery work, I would not have made the plan to go up. I would have been worried about my back pain. I would have stayed on the ground as my friends went up and jumped. Did my TMS act up? Absolutely!!! But not until I was all suited up and getting on to the plane. I was not worried last night. I was not worried this morning on the drive up. You know why? Because I've been watching my thoughts, I've been reading Eric and Walt's FABULOUS book God Does Not Want You To Be In Pain, I've been reading Claire Week's book. And I've been able to be in the moment and my pain keeps dissipating more and more everyday.
    What was mostly interesting about the jump, the fear and anxiety as the plane kept going higher and higher is that I could FEEL the flood of adrenalin and fear saturating my cells. Then I told myself, "Well, hell! It makes sense, doesn't it - to have some sense of being petrified when you are going to jump out of plane and trust some guy on your back to help you through? So I didn't get upset at myself, judge myself for these feelings. I didn't count on being completely nauseous the whole way down. I guess it was a shock reaction but it was kind of a bummer to not be able to enjoy it more.
    I won't do it again. I'm glad I did it this time. It was a fundraiser and we raised good money for the cause. But really, REALLY, it was for our TMS recovery group. To be able to say to you, if you are still in pain -that someday You Will Be Able to Do Things Like This!!! Sending a bucket load of love to everyone of you! :joyful::joyful:

2. Mala

Mala Well known member

So happy for you nowtimecoach. Thx for thinking about us . You are a real inspiration.

Mala

3. DanielleMRD

DanielleMRD Peer Supporter

Congratulations!!! So awesome!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, nowtimecoach. You are a wonder!
    Getting in a plane would be enough for most people, but jumping out of one impossible!
    Your experience is one of the most amazing for all TMS sufferers.

And thank you for the very kind words about Eric's and my book.

5. Dani

Dani New Member

Congratulations! Last year, I let expire a prepaid skydive because I was worried about my back. That was before I knew about TMS and now I'm really annoyed I did that. I'll need to try it again this summer.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

nowtimecoach, this is so cool. You have always had a winning heart since you started here. Helping others and doing all the work and then helping more. I was amazed to hear your success story of jumping out of the plane. You are truly a great Hope to look too.
    Bless you my friend. And many more blessings for all you do. AWWWsoo:)ooMmmm...

nowtimecoach likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Helping others is the clue to wellness and happiness.

See, nowtimecoach" Dani is going to take the big leap too, because of your inspiration.

8. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

This is fabulous, nowtimecoach. What an achievement!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  9. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Dani, I would have bailed also if I hadn't been working so diligently on controlling my thoughts and not letting TMS have the final say. It was the absolutely most terrifying thing I've ever done and worth the money I paid for. So go for it! When you're ready! And let me know how you liked it!

10. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

nowtimecoach - that is AWESOME!!! So happy for you!! Conquer the fear = Lose the pain. And you are doing it!
    I have a feeling your physical pain is quickly going to dissipate from this point forward. You are living life as an adventure and you have already proved to your brain that you aren't going to fall for its shenanigans. After this point, to quote Walt - the rest is "just a piece of cake!!"

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Just a piece of cake, I love that tigerlilly -- Yes, as Walt said for sure. The only way is up, Powerful words. nowtimecoach will get better and better from this point forward. That is what everyone needs to know for sure, when we start to heal it's all forward progress. Honestly I never thought after 25 years of back pain that I would ever have my thoughts on anything but that back or knee or shoulder. But I never even have any thought lines that go there anymore since I have totally reconditioned. Life is sweet when you know the truth.
    Bless you guys

nowtimecoach likes this.
  12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Nowtimecoach, you ate the WHOLE cake! And as Tigerlily said, you told your unconscious mind
    to let you alone and leaped into your future, which as Herbie has said, will be AWESOME!

13. mindfulliving

mindfulliving Peer Supporter

Hello walt...any idea where i can get the book that eric and you have written?...thank you...

14. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Go to Amazon.smile.com. "God does not want you to be in pain" You'll love it. Thank you my friend.
    Bless you.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  15. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thanks, mindfulliving, for asking about Herbie's and my book.
    Some others have been posting that they're getting a lot out of it.

16. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Nowtimecoach….your words made me teary. (In a good way!)

Thank you….sending some of those buckets of love right back to you!