1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I'm Back...Anxiety and Skin Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by braden101, Oct 28, 2015.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here but like we all experience, life goes on, symptoms come and go and we think we are doing fine.

TMS was 'just a phase' I would say. I stopped doing the work and sure enough it has reared it's ugly head.

Anxiety and its related uncomfortable feelings is a massive symptom for me and in the past few months it has been reaching high levels, not as high as they use to be as I have hung onto alot of tools for managing it on my last TMS stint. I went through a rough break up at the beginning this year and that messed me around pretty bad and thought I had dealt with it...Maybe not.

Last couple months i have been having skin symptoms as well as the high anxiety levels? Red faced, tingling on the face and arms. And a fairly severe acne breakout on my neck. I have always been prone to acne, though i thought I had grown out of it years ago (I am 25 now)

Are skin symptoms common among TMS sufferers?

I have been getting to the gym as much as possible and exercising trying to keep busy but I think its time I picked up that book again, put it some work and get to the root of my problems!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Braden. It looks to me like the breakup earlier this year started problems like anxiety which can create symptoms such as you describe.
    The breakup also may have triggered past repressed emotions. I hope you will read Dr. Sarno again and also start the Structured Educational program, free in the subforum of this web site. It helps us to discover the emotional causes of our pain.

I hope you can go to the gym and exercise as often as you can, or do some exercise at home.

Acne can be a TMS symptom but you might also consider washing your face and neck with oatmeal soap. I had acne as a teenager and it went away with that soap.

Keep busy. It takes our mind off anxiety and pain.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Also, Braden. Are you getting enough of the mineral magnesium? Most everyone is deficient in that mineral, but it is responsible for the proper functioning of moe than 300 parts of the body. Look magnesium deficiency up on Google and watch the Youtube videos. We don't get enough magnesium in the food we eat because plants have for the past 50 or more years been grown in soil that is depleted of magnesium. The best recommended supplement for it is magnesium citrate which I take in a daily tablet from Now products. I don't get paid to plug it, I just believe it works.

braden101 likes this.
  4. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Hi Braden,

Yes, skin symptoms are very much a TMS sxs. One thing to do to gain confidence that this is TMS is to review in the books and on the forums where people have detailed their skin issues. I, myself, have had acne, rashes, and psoriasis.

TMS is a phase, as you say, but as a phase, it's something that can rear up more than once in our life, in fact, I would say that most of my clients have reoccurrences at different times. It's okay to stop doing the work when you're feeling better, sounds like you already know that you'd like to pick up the work again to deal with these issues.

Best of luck to you!

Andrew

5. Hi, just wondering what ended up happening with your skin? I’m really struggling with acne and seeing it as tms... thanks!