1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Improvments and doubt

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Johnsmith, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Johnsmith

Johnsmith New Member

I´m just on day 5, but recently I've read a lot about TMS. Nowadays the worst physical pain is in my lower back. It has improved, right now, for example, I´m sitting and working on it mentally and not worrying about: I didn't stretch enough today or my chair isn't suitable etc.

My friends, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but usually, TMS promotes pain in some vulnerability of our body to protect or distract us from something mental (like anxiety, tension, anger, etc), isn't it?! Alright, maybe I´m gonna get the answers in the future during the program, but I want to question now about it.

Once I applied the knowledge about TMS treatment to dissipate the pain from my lower back, shoulders, and hips, saying to my brain that this pain is a neural pathway created to trick my awareness from the thoughts (and I´ve done it very well because my pain has reduced), it brings me the following doubt: If I end up the pain from my body, there is a possibility to put my awareness massively in my thoughts again. So it will be time to face my anxiety, fear, etc. wisely, I guess.

What´s the approach to deal with this second phase after ending up the pain to avoid getting pain in another part of our body or to get overwhelmed mentally?

Thank you :)

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Well of course you do:D This is your brain on TMS - manifesting your tension and anxiety and desire for everything to be planned and under control.

Learning to let go is part of the process - that and patience, my friend :cool:

You've made an excellent start!