1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Inner Rage and Daily Tasks

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by subtlecollision2, Sep 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. subtlecollision2

subtlecollision2 Peer Supporter

How do you deal with inner rage when it comes to daily tasks you need to do like doing the dishes and making dinner when you need to do them to be a normal, functioning adult? I’m pretty sure I have rage about these things. I hate cooking and cleaning. I also think I have resentment because I feel like I do them more than my husband but his job is more stressful than mine so I should probably do them more often to offset that stress.

Is it necessary to stop doing the things that bring you rage lol I’m obviously not going to stop doing dishes. How can I reframe these things for the sake of my inner child? I was the kid who would do my homework immediately after school, super disciplined. So I’m pretty sure I want to have more fun in my life these days.

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Put some fun music while doing the chores. And change your affirmations, from:"I hate cooking and cleaning" into "I'm doing these for my family, I'm grateful and happy to help/contribute." You might even start to enjoy doing them...can be quite relaxing.

All the best.

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

No. Otherwise I would have quit my job, given my kids up for adoption and divorced on the spot (lol)...

To break the conditioning, the important parts are 1. being aware of things, thoughts that are NOT making it to the surface and 2. that there is really nothing going on but some mild oxygen debt so you are really OK.

Funny. I used to get pain doing dishes and folding laundry, even though I could paint and plaster for 12 hours pain free! That was a clue that was lost on me the first time through.

Also... Those things that you are aware about being irked, pissed, annoyed about are only the Perceived emotions and Probably NOT the ones causing pain.... You have to imagine how the selfish unconscious child in you Really feels which is probably a lot more than 'pissed'. Our feelings might be bread crumb trails leading us to the anger, but the real stuff that is the culprit behind TMS is unconscious so we can only speculate on it.....and if you start your speculations during those activities that will send a message to your unconscious that you know what it is doing and your symptoms will go away.

sounds crazy , huh? But it's served me for 20plus years of pain free life.

cheers

backhand likes this.
  4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

A few weeks ago my journaling was all about sometimes feeling like I HAD (chores) to do things I hated. This past week I’ve cleaned, done dishes, started to work on our junk filled garage...I got out the nasties on paper! I looked at chores this week as an opportunity for physical movement and the chance to listen to ebooks (free thru my local library’s app) or music or silence! Feel how you feel about the stuff you hate, and then just face it. I did a lot of stuff I dislike or fear this week. It was a good week!

Baseball65 likes this.