1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Interview with Dr. Eric Robins M.D. and Robert Smith

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I do all of the above and can get the pain to leave without having to use the tapping model. Although I do love tapping for various reasons again its in the swish or flipping as called in this video that changes the representation of past or future tensive memories thus releasing pain from our bodies. Dr. Eric Robbins is a huge fan of Dr. Sarno and Eckhart Tolle. -- He has implemented into his practice fastereft to help his clients with huge results. I believe this video really explains the secret to pain release. The question is do you hear it and see it.

I know this is something that I have understood for sometime now but it didn't click with me until I studied it again after healing from the body pain I had and on top of that it was like I had an awakening to just see the secrets as their said in between the lines. I have a video in the GDF forum that no- one has replied to and I know its not cause my friends here at Tmswiki aren't behind me -- you guys just don't understand this art that I'm trying to explain.

I hope the Dr. Above can help explain the process better and also Robert Smith. I don't practice Faster EFT as a cure all but when you add that change to the representation system then you just added the cure and I know Robert has added this process to his tapping system and he's trying to explain it in over a thousand free videos now on YouTube but it just seems like Robert is the only person able to effect a change although he does have very highly successful students in his field as DR Eric Robbins.

But remember guys its not about Robert Smith being all high and mighty or the only man to know this process. This is my point here - he's the only man on the planet besides DR. Sarno that I know of that has all of these free teachings to show you how to heal and hardly anyone believes it. Its true guys.

Bless You

Ps. As said above I love tapping but I do not use tapping to rid pain in my videos because I can do it by changing the way you represent negative experiences you have had in your life that are holding tension in your body and causing you pain. If someone was to understand the flip then they can do it to as a self help therapy. Thanks

plum and nancy like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I enjoyed this video. Thanks for posting it Herbie!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank You Ellen, I love how Dr. Robbins calls it a higher truth and the way he explains the truth about the pain. Awesome

plum likes this.
  4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Great video, I watched it twice, thanks Erik, you're the best.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank You nancy. Yes when you pay attention to all he's saying he is giving you the clues all through the video. I love it.:)

6. CarboNeVo

CarboNeVo Well known member

Eric, is there any chance I could find the video? it's deleted now :(

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I don't know why they deleted the video but you can type in Eric Robbins on YouTube and find some great wisdom. I'll take a look later today also to help you.
    Thanks.

8. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I was unable to find the exact video Eric posted, however this interview has some great wisdom:

plum and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  9. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not sure if this is the same video but I found it in my favourites and Dr. Robbins does speak about chronic pain, emotions and higher truth. I saved quite a few videos when I was exploring Fastereft. I am eternally grateful to @Eric "Herbie" Watson for introducing me to this amazing method. I think it takes a while to truly grasp Fastereft in much the same way as it takes a while to really get TMS. Intellectually it is pretty easy to understand but true comprehension comes later. It's not about tapping or journaling or any of the tools we use, it really is about a flip of the mind, a breaking of an old neural circuit and firing of a new one. It is frustratingly hard to explain and this is vexing because once you really understand the way this feels it is an epiphany that transforms healing. Musing on this, I am certain it is the same thing that occurs with the much-coveted book cure. It's an embodied realisation, in the same way that forgiveness has a tangible and very physical feeling of letting something actually go, this in-the-moment healing is the same. It is neural, it is emotional, it is real and there is no mistaking it.

God Bless You Eric for your patience in explaining this to me years ago. I may be a slow learner but I get there in the end.

Edit: the video will play. It diverts to YouTube when you click the underscore.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  10. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Hi Herbie
    I tried to view the video but is is 'private' Is it found easily on YOUTUBE?
    Lainey

11. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Plum
    I realize that you posted this last year but am glad you did. EFT had been a big part of my life the last 15 or so years (until I retired from my job three years ago). I attended numerous conferences (maybe 6 or 7) given by the gurus of energy healing through the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, and actually obtained a certification from them as a DCEP (Diplomat of Comprehensive Energy Psychology). Due to many personal issues that began to impact my life, the pain I had released returned with a vengeance. Being in a funk, I did not use the various techniques I knew so well and eventually spiraled back into full-blown TMS. In my quest this past winter to heal my body I re-read Dr. Sarno and re-read a book on EFT for healing back pain (along with other books). I have been using tapping, along with some of the Sarno ideas, including journaling, and am seeing good results, although I am still not pain free. There are some specific techniques for pain, but, importantly, the practice needs to include a realization that the pain, is connected to some psychological or traumatic issue that also needs to be addressed. This meshes well with the TMS idea that there are some deeper 'brain' (unconscious) issues relating to why we are holding this pain and how unearthing them can oftentimes be the catalyst for releasing them. Tapping, in and of itself, for pain or other issues, is good and sometimes gives good results, but ideally the tapping needs to be accompanied by compassionate understanding of some of the initiating underlying thoughts and traumas in a persons life.
    You would think someone skilled in this method would naturally fall back to it upon finding themselves in a pain state, but when someone is down,
    emotionally and physically, people (including myself) fall back into old schemas.
    There are numerous books on the subject if others are interested. Usually there is someone in any metropolitan area (in Europe also) that is now teaching this protocol to others. You do not need to be a college grad to do this, it is not the type of protocol that is only for the "educated". I recommend people give it a try if they are inclined to try these things on themselves, or find a practitioner to help them with their specific problems and give them pointers or self-help.
    Just some info for those who may be interested in this technique.
    Lainey