1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is bfs tms ?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kitkatie124, Jan 4, 2016.

1. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

along with ic ibs and a bunch of other weird "disorders" I was diagnosed with bfs. I twitch and shake. Can this be tms related ? My emg was clear.

Grateful17 likes this.
  2. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Page 345 in Steve-O's book The Great Pain Deception lists Fasciculation as TMS........he mentioned they are benign but he also suggests to be checked out by a doctor to rule out other issues. He goes on to say that these twitches and contractions are surfacing Rage or Hidden Anxiety.

mike2014 and kitkatie124 like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kitkatie. I too believe, like Steve, that twitches, etc., are TMS, probably from repressed anger and dealing with anxiety. That's the world we are living in, and have for most of the past century. I won't list the litany of things that cause it because we are all familiar with them, unless we are a monk in a monastery away from the cares of the world. To counter them I think positive and when something really troubles me, I laugh them away.

kitkatie124 likes this.
  4. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

kitkatie, I twitch as well, been doing so for a little over a year. Went through all the related worries and to be honest have not gotten over them yet but working on it. No EMG yet as my GP does not think I need one. Try some things that are supp to stimulate your PNS like mindfulness and cold water facial immersion.

kitkatie124 and Grateful17 like this.
  5. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

Thanks everyone ! My entire body twitches and I shake too. All my tests were clear except possible Lyme I Felt like the anti biotics weren't helping. All my symptoms came out at an extremely stressful time. I was in fight or flight for three years with my abusive ex bf, hated my jobs, people pleaser ... Then my body said no more !

6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

There is physiology behind all of the myriad possible reactions that our bodies can have to stress - whether from outside stress or from inner turmoil due to repression and and an inability to love ourselves.

One of our favorite books here is by Dr. Gabor Mate, MD, and it is appropriately titled "When The Body Says No". The good news, according to Dr. Mate, is that you can overcome these changes and turn them around. I highly recommend it. He also has a number of videos online that are very accessible - just google his name.

~Jan

kitkatie124 likes this.
  7. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

True Jan but Mate also talks abt the nastiest disease going being caused possibly by too much physical/emotional stress which does nothing but send us twitchers into the abyss.