1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is blepharitis a TMS equivalent?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Snickers278, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Snickers278

Snickers278 New Member

Is my blepharitis TMS? I'm only 19 years old and I have blepharitis supposedly. I don't have all of the symptoms of blepharitis - my eyes aren't swollen and the skin on my eyelids isn't red. The main problem is that my eyelashes have been falling out and I wake up with excess crust on my eyes in the morning. My eyes, I noticed, only feel itchy or dry when I'm in a stressful situation or if I'm dwelling on negative thoughts. I'm thinking about stopping my warm compresses on my eyes and fully convincing myself that it's psychological. Do you think that would be best? Thanks.

2. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Snickers, my Blepharitis was TMS. And it got better.............

Snickers278 likes this.
  3. Snickers278

Snickers278 New Member

Oh wow, thank you so much. I haven't heard of many people with TMS-related blepharitis, but you just assured me that it's definitely possible. You're a life saver! A million thanks!

Grateful17 likes this.
  4. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

Yes, mine definitely was TMS.

Snickers278 and Grateful17 like this.
  5. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had blepharitis a few years ago - and plantar fasciitis, and many other 'things' - all turned out to be TMS...

Snickers278 likes this.
  6. hecate105

just a thought, since it is to do with the eyes - investigate what it is you do not want to see going on in your life - and what emotions it triggers from childhood. Louise Hay's 'You Can Heal Your Life' can be a good resource to consult about symptoms in parts of the body. But also it often follows common sense - we feel 'sick to the stomach' 'can't bear to look' , feel 'scared stiff'. But we balance it up with 'putting our best foot forward' and 'looking on the bright side'
    It is good to keep our sense of humour handy and be kind - to ourselves as well as others!

7. Snickers278

Snickers278 New Member

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into that book. I'm happy to hear that your blepharitis was TMS. Since yesterday, when I stopped treatment and did some emotional prying into my past, my symptoms have gotten so much better. My arm pain is going away too. While I was searching for a cure for my blepharitis, I came across a forum for people suffering with blepharitis. They've all been trying numerous things to heal their blepharitis, like putting coconut oil on their eyes, changing their entire diet, etc, and many of them found that nothing is working for them. They don't realize that their blepharitis is really just a psychological problem. I've got to tell them! Haha.

Grateful17 likes this.
  8. hecate105

Good luck with that - I did it with a fibromyalgia forum I was a member of - I got a resounding silence...!

Grateful17 likes this.
  9. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Give it a shot, maybe you can help one person, but don't invest much energy into it. I've handed out many used copies of Sarno that I buy on used and cheap on Amazon. I'm sure most go unopened, but a couple of people have gotten back to me and been helped by them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    hecate105 and Grateful17 like this.
  10. hecate105

great idea. I print sticky labels which I put on loo doors and parking meters..!

11. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, geez........my latest TMS symptom is blepharitis. The creativity of my unconscious never ceases to amaze me. Now I have scaly itchy swollen eyelids. Lovely. But fortunately I know what to do.

12. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

I was diagnosed with blepharitis by an ophthalmologist and prescribed drops and thrice daily baby shampoo scrubs. I did neither and the blepharitis went away.

Ellen likes this.
  13. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yep, once I realized it is TMS, it is already about gone. This one fooled me for a few days. TMS is SO sneaky........

14. Tonia589

Tonia589 New Member

Hi All,

I know it’s been a few years since there was some activity on this thread, but i've developed the exact same condition as @Snickers278. Started in November, with the worse pain and stinging sensations taking place in Nov and Dec. Now the pain is on and off (burning sensations) but my eyelashes won't stop falling out and it's made me so depressed. I'm seeing a TMS psychologist and she keeps telling me this is TMS. But It still upsets me. i have pretty intense OCD too so that makes matters worse for me.

Any updates or helpful tips would be so appreciated. I am really struggling. :(

15. jhshiu

jhshiu New Member

Hi All.

many updates from those who dealt with blepharitis? I’m really curious about Tonia589. Thanks!

16. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jennie (@jhshiu) - I'm going to ask you two questions.

The first is: you did not respond to @Cactusflower who very recently recommended for you a podcast by Nicole Sachs just on the topic of eyelid stuff. What did you think of that podcast? Any emotional response to it? Acceptance, rejection, or avoidance? https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/eyelid-dermatitis.26807/ (Eyelid dermatitis) You might consider responding to Cactusflower on that thread which you started.

My second question is the same one I posed to you in 2018 (which you never responded to) so to save time I'm just providing the link to my response because I sense that you're in the exact same place, just with a different symptom. The question is essentially whether you have ever done the emotional work: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/ben-gay-feeling-on-skin.19521/#post-102771 (Ben gay feeling on skin?)

In spite of being a "TMS warrior" I wonder if you understand about the "symptom imperative"? I recommend that you listen to another podcast from Nicole Sachs (we recommend Nicole a LOT) Season 3 Episode 27 which dropped just a couple of weeks ago although it's a repeat from last year. It's on Audioboom at https://audioboom.com/posts/8245738-a-deep-dive-into-the-symptom-imperative (The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW / A Deep Dive Into The Symptom Imperative) but her podcast is also super-easy to find on all the major podcast platforms, even Amazon Music.