1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is marijuana helpful with TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Davideus85, Mar 16, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

Has anyone found marijuana helpful in alleviating TMS symptoms?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It may give you a temporary relief, like Tylenol or opioids, but it will not solve your ultimate problems. The only way to address TMS is to deal with your emotional and mental health.

Booble, Dorado, Ellen and 2 others like this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

As TG957 said, it may provide some temporary relief. But long term I see it being more unhelpful than helpful. Especially if it's being used often. That's just a personal opinion and not based on scientific evidence or special knowledge.

I use to smoke it often and I don't think it was beneficial to my emotional well being.

A clear, sober mind is a better place to start.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    PainNoMore and TG957 like this.
  4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

See no difference between this and pain killers. Only temporary relief but not a cure. on the other hand, L-arginine, an amino acid, can help increase blood flow and reduce pain naturally, whether it's TMS or pain due to an actual injury. It has many other health benefits as well, Scientists who discovered it won the Nobel Prize in Medicine. See my post.

NO More Heart Disease and More! (fredamir.com)

5. Booble

Booble Well known member

>>>As far as I know, THC has a greater effect on calming and relaxing the nervous system.<<<

Or making you ridiculously paranoid.
    Which seems to me the worst thing you could do when you are trying to forget about symptoms.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  6. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

I know now that my use (abuse) of marijuana and alcohol was to cover up and hide from painful emotions and anxiety. It helped temporarily, but they always came back with a vengeance.

Booble likes this.
  7. Booble

Booble Well known member

That's a really good point.
    "Cover up and hide from..."

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  8. Booble

Booble Well known member

Personally I think the whole THC market is purely for money making.
    For those of us who grew up in the 70s, it was a known thing that pot made you paranoid (and gave you the munchies). And that was before it was so potent as it is today.

The commercialization of THC is massive industry and they will continue to make people think it's good for you.
    I think we are going to be seeing some unintended consequences over the next decade from the massive habitual use of marijuana.
    Caveat emptor!

9. StanMoller

StanMoller New Member

Anxiety just absorbs me, guys. It’s been eating me since 2018. I’ve already tried everything literally. I’ve been to many psychologists, and I’m still struggling with this issue. Have no idea what to do…

10. Mrpine

Mrpine Newcomer

Am going to try it again this weekend and will report back…dosage and mix of cbd/THC is the key for me.

11. Mrpine

Mrpine Newcomer

Certainly don’t expect it to be permanent fix but may give temporary relief while learning program and going through course. Don’t overuse it but I don’t drink alcohol and l see little difference between booze and MJ. Never abused alcohol but find marijuana a more “natural” temporary relief. Please let me know if you think l’m not seeing the whole picture, please, as I am new to Dr. Sarno’s program. Thanks

12. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yeah, @Mrpine, I'm not sure if you're in the right place or not. The other posts from early today look like spammers to me (and one with a spam link has been removed) but you don't.

I'm going to lock this thread (at this point it's had more spam posts than legit ones) and I would invite you to read some of our posts in the Success Stories subforum - then you can introduce yourself in the Support Subforum if you want to stick around :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.