1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a child in young male that craves love of mother always?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by unlearningpain, Oct 23, 2018.

1. unlearningpain

unlearningpain Peer Supporter

Recently, I was with friend(girl) with whom I didn't connect emotionally but still we got physical.

I realized that I was craving for mother like love from her.i was lost in moment and it didn't mattered if I should have sex or not..that day with her.i just wanted her love(maybe) or attention(maybe).

Is there some conflict between the child who wants love with the grown adult?

As when I think of her it's the motherly love for half of time and sexual intimacy (adulthood love) for other half of time.

Is it normal in males?

What I interpret from this is that, its time to let go the child, as I'm no more a child.true?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This is normal! I suggest you allow yourself to explore and feel the love for mother which comes up in your relationship. We want intimacy, our heart to be felt, to feel our own hearts. Our first experience with love is with mother. She will never leave our heart, whether or not we are aware.

Nothing wrong here. Sufis have a whole path of spiritual pursuit based on longing, which essentially means longing for deep love. We want it very deeply, and it does go back to parents.

3. unlearningpain

unlearningpain Peer Supporter

C Jung says that it stops you from growing adult? Something like that..

I've been having similar dreams too lately