1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is TMS back pain possible in your early twenties?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leomessi45, Apr 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. leomessi45

leomessi45 Peer Supporter

Basically I struggled with back pain all throughout college. It did restrict me from some activites. I'm not confused as to how TMS causes back pain but the vast majority on the people on this site are not my age haha. Is back pain at sucha young age commonplace? I guess it kinda sucks that I had back pain at such a young age but then again because of sarno I won't have it ever again lol.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Classic TMS back spasm. It has nothing to do with your age but how stressed you are.

3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

According to the American Journal of Public Health 4 out of 10 teenagers have back pain.

So quite common.

Also, what is known as growing pain felt in the legs is also TMS.

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

It's possible at any age! I once read a legitimate scientific study on a child under the age of two whose ulcer was concluded to be stress induced after going to daycare.

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Many people on this forum report having back pains since teenage. I remember excrutiating pains in my legs when I was in high school. They miraculously disappeared after I developed severe migraines in college.

6. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

TG957 likes this.
  7. leomessi45

This is asbolutely crazy. thanks guys!!! TMS can manifest itself at any age.

TG957 and Dorado like this.
  8. leomessi45

I've heard about this that is crazy. I used to think it was cause of the shitty chairs we used to sit at at school. they are uncomfortable but thats not the cause of the pain

TG957 and Balsa11 like this.
  9. Sam Peterson

Sam Peterson New Member

Unfortunately yes. I suffered from back pain in my twenties too.

Many doctors told me that I was "too young to have chronic pain". Very frustrating as it feels like I wasn't believed.

The good news is that there is hope! The program listed here on TMS wiki was a life saver.

TG957 likes this.