1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

It's been a while...New Symptom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by braden101, Sep 3, 2017.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

Hey Guys,

Been quite a while since I've been on the forums. Maybe even a couple of years!?

Had a number of things stressing me out over the last 6 months and felt that old familiar anxiety creeping in, thought I had it under control until it developed into a full blown panic attack at about 2am after a few sleepless nights. It happened a couple nights into a new job where I had to do a two week stint away from home.

I got on with it, things seemed to settle down and i got through the fortnight. When i got home i came down with an awful sore throat, swollen glands etc Thought I had just run myself down, so i recovered best i could for the week i had off and flew out to do another 2 week stint at work.

Cue 2 sleepless heart palpitating nights and another panic attack. Sore throat developed into a weird swollen gland issue and EXTREME fatigue. I flew home early and went straight to the doctor.

So 6 weeks on from the panic attack (Which hasn't happened for years and hasn't happened since i became ill) My emotional stressors seems to have been replaced by a very prolonged cold/flu/infection?

I was tested for both viruses that cause glandular fever and have been told that both are in my system but inactive, meaning i have had the viruses previously but not currently? So now i've been falling down that familiar rabbithole of unexplainable illness recurrence and the parade of google horror stories of lifelong glandular fever etc

Apologies for the rant but it all just dawned on me that it doesn't even matter if this illness i have is caused by TMS or not, it sure is sending me down that familiar path and i thought i'd get this all off my chest in an effort to start breaking the cycle before it takes hold of me.

I think i have some journalling to do!

Jules likes this.