1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 23 Kicking on

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

Do you think you are avoiding any part of this treatment?

I don't think so. I may not always do it everyday but there are days I just don't feel up to it or feel like coming on to this website.

What emotions or past events do you think you may be repressing?

I don't tend to live enough in the present and cherish just how precious the current day is. My thoughts tend to gravitate toward the future.

Maybe accepting how a worldy masculine man is supposed to look or act like. We had a bible study class on 'stepping up' being a courageous man. It was a video series about taking on responsibility and being a man. What I found obnoxious about the series was the way it portrayed certain activities as unmanly. Playing a video game for thirty minutes as an example was considered a waste of time. I guess sitting in a 20 degree forest holding a rifle for a full day without shooting a deer is not.

My thankful list
    1) My book I've been reading
    2) My little boy who looks up to his dad
    3) Peaceful music

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ryan. Your post about masculinity in men reminds me of a favorite line in one of my favorite movies.
    William Holden says to Jennifer Jones in "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" that he wishes he could be
    as strong a person as she is, and she replies. "But you are stronger, because there is nothing so strong as gentleness
    and you are a gentle man."

Ryan79 likes this.