1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Kill fear = kill TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by CarboNeVo, Jul 11, 2017.

1. CarboNeVo

CarboNeVo Well known member

This question might interest a lot of people here:

Is eliminating fear from the symptoms sufficient to completely reverse TMS?

By that I mean reaching the outcome independence state, when symptoms do not matter to the person. I was successful to knock out CPPS/pudendal neuralgia by reading Sarno's book HBP, applying Alan Gordon's outcome independence, by reading success stories, like Balto's story. Steve's book TGD and also very importantly I started to live my life completely, not getting limited by the pain.
    BUT my pain started to manifest differently, by completely disappearing and re-appearing or by shifting places, this sneaky bastard is seriously playing games with me.
    It could no more distract me by CPPS so it started to dance within my body, yesterday I had pain in the right buttock, today its completely gone but my left leg is on fire, then it disappears and Im pain free, then comes back. Also it's driven by my stresses. I noticed that it's got my attention this way and I admit I quite often find myself analyzing it and preoccupied by it which ofcourse feeds it.
    Now i am really confused what to do?
    1- Keep the outcome independence? Would it suffice to reverse tms for good?
    2- I need in addition to outcome independence dig for emotions? I was always lazy to do the psychological job lol...

would appreciate some TMS veteran's advice. tagging few if I may:
    @Steve Ozanich @Alan Gordon LCSW @Forest @balto @Daniel G Lyman MSW @Ellen and ofcourse anyone else who has an opinion on this.
    Thank you!

Messyz and jaumeb like this.
  2. CarboNeVo

no one? :grumpy:

3. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

I'm not one of the experts you've tagged but I think keeping Outcome Independence is very important. It should help reduce or eliminate your pain, or at least change your attitude towards it.

I don't know that digging for the emotions is significant. I've understood that just acknowledging that there is an emotional/psychological basis for your TMS symptoms is all you need to do.

CarboNeVo likes this.
  4. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

There are so many school of thoughts when it come to tms, mind body syndromes. Many theory on what's caused it: Repressed angers (Sarno), too sensitive ( Weekes), too much life stress, trauma, lost .... They all have one thing in common: Negative emotion/thoughts.
    Fearless living, outcome independence, think psychological, utter utter relax, .... all aim at not giving your body or your symptoms any weight. Fuck it. Just live. These method is very powerful and will get rid of your CURRENT symptoms if you apply it diligently, faithfully, and patiently. But it will not stop your body or should I say your mind from producing new symptoms. If you still under stress, if traumatic events happen to you, you will experience more tms/mind body syndromes. The Buddha said you are what you think. Negative thoughts and emotion will effect our body. Tms is just like temperature. When the temp. is low we feel cold. When it is high we feel hot. When it is too low or too high we will suffer and may die from it. The same thing with tms. When under stress we will not like it. When too much stress for too long we will suffer from tms symptoms. It is just a normal body's respond to stress, trauma, lost, ....
    You want to "cure" yourself of tms?
    - first don't fear our symptoms. Practice Alan's outcome independence teaching.
    - second, learn to get rid of your body's conditioning respond. Many people got anxiety attack when they drive through a tunnel or go to the market. Got back pain when they tie their shoes or sit in a certain chair. Some got stomach problem when they have to go to a meeting or going out on a date .... those are conditioning respond your body have learned over time. You have to learn how to get rid of those C. respond.
    - third, don't fear your stress. Change your perception about life's difficulty. (so what? I don't give a shit about what happen in life. I can handle what life throw at me .... ) Life if difficult and full of challenge. It is your perception about life that produce stress. It is not what happen to you. You have to change your perception. Some people seem to have everything one could ask for in life. Big mansion, expensive car, fame and fortune, .... and yet many of them need sleeping pills to help them sleep. Some of them even kill themselves due to "stress" (how many famous people do you know that kill themselves? ) And then million of people around the world who live on a dollar a day and many of them seem so happy and content. Go figure. What is the different between them?
    Perception.
    Good luck Carbonevo

CarboNeVo and adyxon like this.
  5. CarboNeVo

Absolutely, the outcome independence was one of those things that got me from crippling pain to living life again. Seems like feeling those emotions is a tricky one as it can become another distraction and focus on the pain realm.

6. CarboNeVo

Thank you so much balto for your reply, those words ring wisdom to my ears!
    I can only agree, when I stop focusing on TMS and fearing it, it immediately disappears, it can disappear for me within 10 minutes but I need to be perfectly distracted. It changes locations from day to day and apparently it got my attention this way. That's why I cant beat it for good. Because every day it pops on a different place in my butt and legs, so I keep analyzing it which only feeds it. I need to break that habit.
    And I totally agree with the perception, we are what we think, I notice that on my body.
    Monte Heufle teaches people fighting tms by stopping the trash tension producing thought pattern.

balto likes this.
  7. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Try to learn more about symptoms due to conditioning Carbonevo. I work with a group of people helping others overcome mind body syndromes. It is easy to overcome tms symptoms. It is much much more difficult to overcome symptoms due to conditioning.

fredb likes this.