1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Lets Do This!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Norwegianguy91, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Norwegianguy91

Norwegianguy91 Newcomer

Hello, I am 25 year old and I’m a Norwegian. I have been having some problems with my knees, back, elbows and recently my hands and wrist.

My first thought was that it was tendinitis, and I have been to chiropractor
    , physiotherapist, acupuncture, I have taken health supplements, bought spiky mats, doing stretches. I have been stressed, a little depressed at times (even crying) but maybe most of all I have been afraid that my condition can become more severe or worse. So I have quited playing football and all sorts of training. I do run occasionally but not much. The last few weeks my deepest fear has been that my hands and wrist will ruin my education, I’m currently studying at the university and im afraid that my condition will get so severe and the pain too great to continue. I’m getting older and I see my friends finishing their degrees and staring to settle with their families. And that stresses me out too.

I found Dr. Sarno’s book ‘’The Mindbody Prescription’’ and I just completed reading it today. I found myself in many of the personality traits that the good doctor described, but not all of them. I have started with the Educational Program for TMS today and I’m determent to get BETTER.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Norwegianguy. Welcome to the TMS community. You have come to the right place to heal from your pains.

This program will help you to discover the emotions causing them. I healed from severe back and shoulder pain after doing the SEProgram. I discovered I had been repressing anger and other emotions going back to my parents divorcing when I was seven. I was able to understand my parents better and forgave them.

Your posting shows you are thinking the worst is going to happen. We call that catastrophizing. Many famous people including Mark Twain say that what we worry about most seldom happens. To avoid worrying about the worst happening, try to live in the present moment.

You are letting your "inner bully" make you feel as if you are not keeping up with others in their education or starting a family. Those emotional stresses show up in physical pain.

You are going to learn a lot about yourself in the SEProgram and it will stop your pains. Try to keep active and jog ore run, because it helps in the healing process. Keep posting about your progress in the program.

3. Arielissa

Arielissa Newcomer

You know, it's possible that sometimes, your mind is trying to trick you. Maybe you're overthinking it too much. Don't let your fear make it worse.

[moderator edit: SPAMMER - see below]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2021
    Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Arielissa

Arielissa Newcomer

Maybe you're overthinking it too much. Don't let your fear make it worse. I used to have knee pain when I was 18, then my wrists started to hurt, and no matter what I tried, nothing helped me. I started to think that maybe I have a serious problem. But then one of my friends, just as an idea, suggested me to try Red Reishi extract, for reducing stress and anxiety (cause I was really stressed because of this). I'm using it for 3 weeks now, and I would say that it has improved my life. I'm not stressed anymore and my knee and wrists pain is much lower than ever. https:// DELETED /red-reishi

[moderator edit: SPAM ALERT]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2021
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Spammer alert! See the above two posts, by "Arielissa" and read on to find out how YOU can help keep our forum free of spam.

I just edited and deactivated a hyperlink from the second post by this user. Of course no one with any sense would click on an unknown link for a product that is not on topic, posted by an unknown user who wrote exactly one previous post that was blandly generic and only marginally connected to our topic in the most remote way. It was that first post that caught my eye a few days ago, because it follows a pattern.

This is what they do, folks. If you see bland comments like the first one above, from an unknown newcomer, just click on "Report" in the options below the post. Doing that allows the moderators to monitor the post and the user. If the user is legit, no harm, no foul - the report is "rejected" and all is good. The user will never know they were being monitored.

I try to scan new posts for this kind of thing, but I can't catch them all. I did happen to find this one a few days ago, and tagged it to check again later. I do this a lot, and only ever tagged one that turned out to be a legitimate user whose first post was a little bland and short, but went on to make substantive posts and engage in on-topic discussions. The rest of the users always come back to add these hyperlinks to their original post. They've been banned, but they just pop up again with a new account.

FYI, I did not ban this account, because I wanted to keep the posts as a great example of how these spammers operate. Fortunately, this is a really old thread (that's another typical thing you can watch out for). This account will be moderated so that the account can remain for everyone's education and entertainment.

MoreFYI, the vast majority of spammers are caught by filters in the user registration system and never get through, and that's probably hundreds per day. The software allows some through that are held for manual review, so I get to go through those and mostly reject, occasionally approve, at least a couple of dozen every day. Big fun.