1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

living with tms n anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by daxshane, May 27, 2017.

1. daxshane

daxshane New Member

hello everyone

i m 25 year old guy who is living with chronic pain and anxiety since 2009. i had panic attacks n GAD
    still have GAD. but lately i have huge pain in various places in my body. its very difficult to do my job
    and live a normal life. i found about dr sarno theory couple of months ago. now i m reading the book.
    i want full recovery from all of above things. i still remember as a kid i used to be a very active kid. played so
    many sports and i was very happy. but now i cant do any of those . i live in a very cold dark place. i want my life back. doesn't matter what it takes. now i m trying to understand the mind body connection. so please help
    me to get well again.

thank you all

thecomputer likes this.
  2. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Hi daxshane, I'm so sorry to read about your pain and anxiety! I am in pain myself and can't help you at the moment.
    But you see in this Forum that you are not alone and if you search for "panic attacks" I am sure you will find help here from people who know exactly what you are going through!
    Hope you will be better soon!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Daxshane, that's good advice from Renate - you can find a lot of advice by doing a keyword search on the forum. Reading stories on the Success Stories subforum is a good exercise.

Next steps:

1. Finish reading your first Dr. Sarno book.

2. Next, read "Hope & Help For Your Nerves, by Dr. Claire Weekes. This book has saved many of us (myself included) from crippling anxiety and panic attacks. My panic attacks were about to keep me housebound back in 2011 - I can't remember the last time I had one.

3. As you're reading Claire Weekes, you can start doing the SEP - our free Structured Educational Program, on the wiki. It's a 42-day program put together by Forest and other early forum volunteers. You don't have to do it every day, but each day's tasks and/or exercises don't take long. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program (Structured Educational Program)

Best of luck, and keep us posted!

~Jan

Dfw likes this.