1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Long covid symptoms potentially really struggling right now

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Apr 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So as many of you may know u had covid back I November 2020.

I had almost every symptom through the first two weeks

Headaches, slight cough, pressure in my sinus and eyes, eye pain.

Lost taste and smell, burning nostrils etc. Shortness of breath

After the two week period I returned to work and was met with brain fog for a day and fatigue that last around 2 weeks.

Afterwards i had some chest pain, shortness of breath.

I still have the shortness of breath but it might have improved alittle still get winded after basic activities so it could be exercise intolerance.

February I notice soem foods and drinks still taste bad or different.

Two weeks ago I had a health anxiety scare thinking I had diabetes this lead to poor sleep constant anxiety and stress.

I got some fatigue as well from this

Abd last Wednesday is when I noticed I was feeling spacey and weird.

It feels like I'm always high or something that's the best way I can describe it.

So this has been going on for a week now and I've gotten thr fatigue back and today soem muscle aches. And I can't help but feel this could be symptoms or delayed symptoms of long covid as I've read this can happen considering I've had shortness of breath since after which is a long clvid symptom after all.

I've been trying to get good sleep and it still hasn't helped and I've been constantly tired at work.

I dont know what to do ive spoke to my doctor and she says doesn't think it's long covid even though I've read multiple stories stories people getting fatigue and brain fog months after their initial recovery.

Their stories seem to mirror my experience with this so far and I've never had brain fog before or fatigue really as tms symptoms.

I'm a wreck right now and I can't relax or enjoy my hobbies like playing video games because of this brain fog and fatigue.

My parents think I'm making it up and that im crazy no one is taking me seriously not even my doctor

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

BloodMoon and oneperson like this.
  3. oneperson

oneperson Peer Supporter

Hey @NameK ,

I'm Carol. Nice to meet your cyber-acquaintance.

So sorry to read about your struggle post-Covid. And that those in your close circle seem to be dismissing you.

How are you doing now?

Here's a blog piece by Lissa Rankin, MD. I don't know if it will help with any insights or not. But I thought I'd pass it along: Is Long Covid a Trauma Symptom?

I don't know your TMS/MBS story, but if you've gotten well before (or simply gotten some improvements), you can probably (most likely?) do it again, even with something like post-viral fatigue/symptoms.

Hoping the best for you...

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  4. NameK

NameK Well known member

Oh I've had quite the list not as extensive as some people and it's not a contest but I definitely have a decent understanding now what our bodies and minds are capable of producing in terms of symptoms.

The recent symptoms I experiencing (brain fog, fatigue,etc) I'd alot better now thankfully.

I was under alot of stress, not sleeping or eating well so it's no surprise i was,having that.

The only thing I know is a result of having covid is my taste is alittle off when it comes to pepsi, 7up, sprite, and some foods which isn't the worst thing but it's still annoying.

I dont know for sure if I am have any lung issues as shortness of breath can be anxiety related but I think im okay

I plan on getting vaccinated soon though as I'm finally able to recently.

oneperson and Balsa11 like this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You may know this NameK, but the vaccines seem to have some help for long covid ---if that is what you have.

Also, there are telemedicine docs who treat long covid with ivermectin, fluvoxamine, etc. if you want to try to eliminate a physical diagnosis.

Thirdly many reports say the symptoms lesson more and more over time (many months), no matter if it is "treated or not" if it is physical.

Balsa11 likes this.
  6. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

In the light of what @Andy Bayliss says above, I was coincidently only just reading this article about the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines helping long covid (at least in the short term) @NameK https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/18/long-covid-symptoms-ease-after-vaccination-survey-finds (Long Covid symptoms ease after vaccination, survey finds)

Balsa11 likes this.
  7. NameK

NameK Well known member

I am not really sure if what in experiencing is from having it per say.

Especially since my doctor doesn't think it is.

She said "if you had long covid you wouldn't be able to work" it's quite disabling for some people.

And sure enough a few weeks past and the fatigue and brain fog subsided.

Nicole sachs even has a podcast of someone who recovered from long covid via tms.

So it seems like for some people it could be without the presence of pshyical damage.

I haven't been pshyically checked but again my doctor didn't feel like I needed to be.

Balsa11 likes this.
  8. Balsa11

I think long Covid can range from the symptom imperative to the severe cases you're doctor is talking about. TMS can be eased mostly on your own, while severe postviral symptoms may need medical attention. You're likely on the milder, TMS side.

9. NameK

NameK Well known member

Yeah it's also a relatively newish virus and we don't fully understand it yet.

My smell and taste are pretty close to what they were before covid minus some foods tasting different but in terms of pshyical health I don't feel any different now or I haven't noticed anything because alot of the symptoms can overlap with tms as well. (Shortness of breath can be anxiety I learned recently didn't know that before same with the headaches and nausea I've been getting.

I do need some help though in regards to eating food.

I've been struggling with that mainly swallowing food I'm scared of choking so it's been rough for me to eat properly some days.

I end up spitting food out when I domt want to because I can't swallow it and I love food I don't not want to eat :(

oneperson likes this.
  10. Balsa11

On the last sentence, are you getting esophageal spasms or throat spasms(globus)?

Either way, chew your food more and have hot water handy.

11. NameK

NameK Well known member

No not that I recall u do sometimes get the feeling like something is stuck on my throat which I know is the globus sensation and it's typically caused by anxiety causing the throat to tighten.

My problem is I chew my food up top much to the point it is a paste.

I have difficulty swallowing my food I had this as a kid and knew it was anxiety because I had no problem eating junk food.

But now even with junk food I've been struggling recently.

I would rather be able to eat healthier food obviously but not eating much or at all because I'm scared I won't be able to eat really sucks

oneperson likes this.
  12. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think long covid could be a form of tms - having covid triggers the tms - in the same way that some of us got fibromyalgia/cfs/me after a car accident (in my case) or after giving birth/being ill/a trauma. It could tip the balance of repressed stress - and most people are overly stressed with the whole covid situation and its effects anyhow. It may well be helpful to bring up the possibility of mindbody medicine to anyone exhibiting it....

oneperson and Ellen like this.