1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Made it through a stressful day with no pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Apr 18, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

woo hoo!

I had kind of a stressful day...one of my dogs had two seizures today. The first one was while we were asleep--she started seizing and our other dog woke up my boyfriend. As if that weren't enough later today she and another seizure while I was at work. In addition to worrying about her and worrying about my boyfriend (who saw both seizures and was pretty rattled by everything), I started to think oh, god now I'm going to get some monster headache. I reminded myself that this is just another anxiety/TMS type thought and I tried to keep somewhat focused at work.

After work I was able to relax a little, one of my friends came over and then I ended up watching a movie and was able to unwind...and not have any pain. This was a pretty big step for me because anything involving my dogs is a huge stress trigger.

And it looks like she is going to be OK (it was a reaction to her new medication)--whew!

Beach-Girl and Forest like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Terrific! It's good to see you building up confidence and making progress. Everyone has their own pace and everyone gets there eventually.

3. veronica73

Thanks. It's just hard when I do have pain to remember it won't be there forever and that it doesn't mean I'm going back to constant pain again.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

True, that!

5. dabatross

dabatross Well known member

thats great to hear veronica glad to see that you were able to make it through a stressful day like that without pain. im on the same course and trying to achieve that as well

6. veronica73

Thanks. You'll get there!

7. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

You really are getting better, Veronica. Good for you! :)

8. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Right on Veronica:

Our fur-kids are a big stress. We feel helpless to explain to them what is going on. Although you can talk with your dog and she/he will understand you.

Glad the meds are working for the pup and that you had A PAIN FREE EXPERIENCE.

Always cheering you on:

BG

veronica73 likes this.
  9. veronica73

thanks, everyone :)

10. Pandamonium

Pandamonium Well known member

We all have blips Veronica, you did the right thing by reminding yourself about stress and pain and I'm glad you made it through :)

veronica73 likes this.