1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Marijuanna

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dominating everyday, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marijuanna for pain?

Very straightforward question has anyone tried using marijuana for the pain associated with TMS?
    What were the results does anyone recommend using Mary Jane or should I stay away?

Thoughts?

bargan likes this.
  2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Regarding mind-body/TMS pain, I would say that focusing on doing the emotional work is far more important. I wouldn't make it a critical part of my daily regimen. It also depends on how you respond to it, as it can sometimes increase feelings of anxiety, demotivation, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2019
    Baseball65 and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

I used to smoke it a lot and loved doing it. No bad effects apart from when I went to Amsterdam and had a whitey lol... since I've had my symptoms tho I tried it as I had stopped using it for a few years being a dad now and after I tried it for the pain it made my legs hurt more and did not like the effect with the anxiety as it can as we know increase it. If you are going to try smoking weed again I suggest you try only small amount and not a massive hit inhale only small ones . And see how you feel. Remember you can't undo a massive hit but you can build up. Or even try baking cookies with it a take before bed. .
    But I said again Don't have a big hit to start off . Small puffs and see how you feel.

hyperdub808 likes this.
  4. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

It did. It work for my TMS pain. Neither did muscle relaxers.

hyperdub808 likes this.
  5. deafheaven

deafheaven Peer Supporter

Anything that calms the central nervous system works....temporarily.

In order to heal completely from TMS you need to face the pain and accept it

hecate105 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

Hello,
    I was a regular smoker, I smoked daily for 15 years or so (and I've had several panic attacks after smoking too much).
    As for sciatica and smoking, my experience is that until I was dominated by fear (of having some structural problem or having malfunctioning nerves) smoking was a nightmare because it revealed terrifying and apocalyptic scenarios. Since I chose NOT to be afraid of symptoms, smoking has returned to be a pleasure and, as a result, has helped calm the waters at certain times of the day.
    In conclusion, I believe that THC is not a true "ally", but simply contributes to amplifying our moods, good or bad.

hecate105, hyperdub808 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  7. bonsaikitten

bonsaikitten Newcomer

I've been trying out medical marijuana for my sciatica for the past few weeks, with no apparent results (CBD oil 4:1 and 1:1). Just ordered some higher potency full spectrum one, will see if it does anything. Of course, I'm taking loads of other med as wells, so CBD-specific effects may be obscured.

8. Marinedad

Marinedad Well known member

What other meds ?

9. bonsaikitten

bonsaikitten Newcomer

Gabapentin, ibupfofen and Norco. Since CBD is known to reduce the effectiveness of hydrocodone in Norco, I try to space them out.

10. Marinedad

Does it help

11. bonsaikitten

bonsaikitten Newcomer

@Marinedad, let's just say, if I didn't take any meds at this point, I'd be a total wreck. I take 400-600 mg of ibuprofen and 200 mg of gabapentin 4 times a day (I also take omeprazole to protect my stomach lining), and hydrocodone/acetaminophen 5/325 (Norco) mostly around the night time or when I have challenging activities planned (like today when I went to the swimming pool). Before I doubled my Norco dosage I was getting only 2-3 hours of sleep, in the last few days it's been more lke 5-6 hours. I take 1-1.25 ml of 1000 mg CBD whenever the pain starts to intensify again and it's still a while to wait before I can take the next dose of hard meds, and it seems to have a mild calming and pain relieving effect. Of course, it might just be helping to reduce anxiety, which is definitely a pain-reinforcing factor in and of itself. The hope is that eventually I will manage to replace the opioids with CBD.

12. Marinedad

I never had any luck with cbd..it never took for me tried for many months ..was on Gabapentin for 3 years off and on but it started bothering me when I was taking 1200 mg a day ..
    Once in a while I will take Tylenol with some Aleve ...but for me keeping my anxiety down (FEAR) it what effects my pain I journal everyday just to get my thoughts out and do deep breathing and some meditation from the curable app

JanAtheCPA and Tennis Tom like this.
  13. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

I have a friend who is a palliative care doctor. He said research is finding cbd is NOT proving to be of any effect in reducing chronic pain except in people who have already used it long term and amongst people with fibromyalgia.

14. Marinedad

I found it useless and very expensive

Tennis Tom likes this.
  15. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Using the actual CBD flower mixed with mostly high quality, high THC strains works quite well. The cbd takes the edge off the Psychoactive effects. The half life of cbd is very long. If you use it daily it stays in your system all the time. It does in fact act as a mild anti-anxiety drug IME.

It’s absolutely not a solution to TMS at all. Could be used as an aid.

16. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

If it is helping, I will use it.

17. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Sorry for not answering your straight forward question, I don't mean to preach.

I found out this year that my son has been smoking marijuana for the past 20 years my wife and I are shocked beyond belief, for over that time he has become a monster, and we refer to him as Jackel and Hyde, since we never know what we are going to get when visiting. Our two families have been torn apart, he has four children. This year his wife divorced him after a DUI and other serious offences.

For future people reading I feel compelled to attach this article:

http://robertberezin.com/stoneramerica-marijuana-is-a-psychedelic-drug-that-damages-the-brains-and-consciousness-of-habitual-users/ (StonerAmerica, Marijuana is a psychedelic drug that damages the brains and consciousness of habitual users)

Disclosure: I have had alcohol issues myself that are on record on both websites and have some knowledge of addiction. good luck

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  18. sheltered

sheltered Peer Supporter

Marijuana, alcohol, warm bath, massage, whatever gets you through the night but that ain't gonna bring you true healing. Gotta do the work.

gailmp65 and hecate105 like this.
  19. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

As sheltered says - do the TMS work - do the SEP. Journal, walk in nature, meditate, be mindful, spend your time getting to the root of why you have the pain to begin with.
    When you are healthy - then you can decide whether to use cannabis or any other substance (natural is best imho!) for leisure or investigation of alternative states.
    But ~ANY drug taken - muddies the waters if you have pain.... I have been there...!
    If you have been lucky enough to find this forum, Sarno's books and all the help here - then use it!!

Cap'n Spanky, sheltered and gailmp65 like this.
  20. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This thread is being locked because it's old and the last three posts that revived it were spam.

Dorado and Cap'n Spanky like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.