1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Mind-body on "BackHope" et al.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ollin, May 6, 2013.

1. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

Hi

While I've been away from here I was still looking around for solution to my pain. What I keep finding is that the Mind-Body theme is talked a lot by various people from many different angles. Some practitioners approach it more holistically, i.e. addressing the needs of the mind and body at the same time to find their "common interests", like healing the mental rejection of hurting body parts which happens so often. I know I tend to overdo the "think psychologically" rule and get all into my head forgetting that I have a body... Perhaps it screams to remind me of its existence.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone is following the BackHope series of online seminars, but today's one is specifically about mind-body connection, Sarno, Schubiner (by Dr. Eric Robins and Diana Kottle). You will need to register, but its all free.
    http://www.backhope.com/go/robins

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

We should always understand that our mind and body our connected, and to use this connection to figure out when we are over-activated or repressing emotions. Thinking psychologically is not about seperating the mind from the body. Instead it is about using the body as a signal to think about our emotions. For instance, if I feel my body tensing up, and my heart rate start to increase, I can use it as a sign that I am feeling anxious about something, and need to think psychologically. I have found that growth and progress happens when we connect these two things: the mind and body

Leslie likes this.