1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mother of all Flares

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tmstraveler, Sep 1, 2021.

1. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

Hey all. I’m on here posting which shows you how shaken I am. I’ve been working mind/body recovery earnestly for a little over a year and a half. Before that, lots of scary stuff that didn’t work.

I have pelvic (rectal) pain that in true TMS fashion runs the gamut of burning, itching, stabbing, tightness, feeling like “something” is up there—though usually only one of those at a time. It’s inconsistent and it moves around. It’s TMS.

It’s been improving (I recently had about a straight week of feeling pretty good—a record!) but suddenly I’ve been hit HARD. Like Day One hard. I’m barely sleeping and the pain is currently relentless. Impossible to think about anything else.

No questions here. Just sharing. I had started to do so much in my life—working again, went on some dates. But this is scary as hell. I’m trying not to let the fear win but it’s currently got me pretty good.

Love to you all. Hopefully I’ll bounce back quick. But today I’m in the tank.

Aimee88 and Balsa11 like this.
  2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Remember that it's a spasm/cramp and it is painful but temporary. Get more sleep with melatonin. Power naps are good too. Cool water, hot water patted on with tissue paper if it's excruciating. But it really dies down when you mentally and physically relaxed.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  3. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

Thanks, friend. I’m already feeling better emotionally which of course will ultimately lead to me feeling better physically. Flares often teach me something (not always). This one came on after a car trip and bar-be-que in which I was silently mad at myself all day for being distracted by pain. That’s some real stress right there! The lesson? Self-compassion.

It’s okay that I’m flaring. It’s okay that I’m not “done.” I’m okay and I’m worthy and I’m strong enough to continue this healing journey with gentleness and patience. ❤️

Balsa11 and westb like this.
  4. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Thank you for sharing. Your clarity is inspiring.

5. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Same here, except with social anxiety